+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

Originally posted by Wayner
    BTW, perhaps those of you that are getting chatted up by the checkers should pretend to be talking to someone on your cell phones!
    Wayner, good tip for us who avoid the chatty checkers at all cost !

LMAO Fief.
    The difference here, is I asked for it and consider FORT peeps my friends
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

You would be amazed at how much I did not care.
    Feif!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Speaking of checkers....for some odd reason I get slightly annoyed when you are sitting there with a full cart and they ask: "Did ya find everything you were looking for?"

The sarcastic side of me wants to blurt out: "No, I was really looking for true love and life fulfillment, but I had to settle on this dented box of Rasin Bran, thank you for depressing me further..."
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill, you have a terrific sense of humor. I can't count the number of times you've made me laugh out loud in the short time you've been here.

I usually make a particular point of answering the "Didja find what you were looking for?" question. In particular, I always asked that in the frickin' greeting card shop! My usual answer is, "Yeah, I was looking for a birthday card, and it was right over there." Then I point to basically the whole rest of the store! Come on, people! I didn't come to your store seeking a box of motor oil! Sheesh.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    Bill, you have a terrific sense of humor. I can't count the number of times you've made me laugh out loud in the short time you've been here.
    ITA!!
    And that "Didja...." - I guess, after a while I've learned to block out what they say and kind of go into some automatic answering sequence: "Fine, yes thank you, paper, debit, no cash back, thank you, you too" without really listening to what they say (which on occasion has lead to quite interesting looks on their faces when they've asked the questions out of order ).

Modesty and Paulie, you make me

Actually I have a long way to go to match the quality of posts here, especially from the both of you.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Princess
    Well - thank you , but Paulie and the other mods are just outstanding! I'm not worthy to be mentioned in the same post...
    It is nice though that this place seem to attract so many excellent writers with such good sense of humour!

Originally posted by Modesty
    I guess, after a while I've learned to block out what they say and kind of go into some automatic answering sequence: "Fine, yes thank you, paper, debit, no cash back, thank you, you too" without really listening to what they say (which on occasion has lead to quite interesting looks on their faces when they've asked the questions out of order ).
    Me too, or my favorite:

Them: "Paper or Plastic?"
    Me: "Yes..."

Princess
    Them: "Paper or Plastic?"
    Me: "Yes..."
    ... I used to do that all the time too, but now I only do it with certain cashiers that I know get it... (no fun to laugh at ppl - much fun to laugh with them)
    Last edited by Modesty; 11-01-2002 at 04:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread