+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

labtech
    My sister was a waitress for years for a very famous BBQ restaraunt (?sp) and they would have other waitresses from other places come in and compare the services. The most insulting thing a person can do to a waitress is to leave one penny for their tip. Sis says that all waitresses know what that means and it is a sure fired way of letting them know that they need to find another job!!!!

Originally posted by Ilikai
    I don't own a cell phone
    Me niether... but IF I did, I certainly would turn it off while driving through a construction site!

It bugs me when the person in front of me at the store has 73 items, and won't offer me their spot if I have ONE. I realize they got there first, but come on!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Me niether... but IF I did, I certainly would turn it off while driving through a construction site!

The grocery thing bugs me too cali.
    It also bugs me when there are about five people in the line up, a cashier opens up another till and the people at the back of the line up rush to get to her first.

You would get smacked down if you did that in England. The next person in line should get to go to the new till.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Agreed on the folks that have tons of items that won't let you in front. Another grocery thing that bug me:

- People that get into the 10 items or less line with WAY more than ten items: Excuse me lady, but you can't group your bananas, apples, oranges, pears together as one item because you're going to make fruit salad when you get home.

BTW, perhaps those of you that are getting chatted up by the checkers should pretend to be talking to someone on your cell phones!

The next person in line should get to go to the new till.
    That is so true. If I'm at the back of a line and a new one opens, I always move back, and tell the people in front of me to go ahead... sometimes I get the weirdest looks for doing what one should do!

Princess
    It also bugs me when there are about five people in the line up, a cashier opens up another till and the people at the back of the line up rush to get to her first.
    Where I live - if they open a new checkstand, the new cashier actually goes to the first person in the line up and asks them to come to the new stand. It is really very nice!

Aha, that's as it should be.

"That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    BTW, perhaps those of you that are getting chatted up by the checkers should pretend to be talking to someone on your cell phones!
    Wayner, I've done that!!

One cashier at my local store insists on telling me her life story. If she is the only available lane I suddenly have to contact my mother!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Bravo, you've hit on another thing that bugs me.

I don't know if it's just the way certain people are, or if I have a sign only they can see that says "The Dr. Is In"

I am constantly being told intimate details of peoples lives… these are people I DO NOT KNOW. I went to pick up my daughter at her friends house one time and the girls Grandmother was there, when we were left alone for a minute, she started telling all about the nasty stuff going on in the family . I had never even seen this woman before, yet I know about the cheating, lying, near divorces, near bankrupt status of a bunch of other people I don’t know! Why do people do that? I’ve been stopped in the grocery store and told things about what is going on in court cases of people I DO NOT KNOW!

Sorry… it just freaks me out.

Cali,
    I SOOO know what you mean! That happens to me all the time. I ran into a girl I went to highschool with the other night. She gave me a huge hug! We were not what I would call friends. She started with the general howdy doos and then quickly pregressed to how she and her parents were no longer speaking and her house was falling down. You would be amazed at how much I did not care. I guess I just have too much going on in my life right now and I was out trying to get a little "normal" with my hubby and kiddos when she jumped me with all this info. I just wanted to melt into a puddle and evaporate. "Calgon take me awaaaay!"

Wait! I just realized I did it to you! Here's your $100. Consider the rest of the hour on me. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Feifer; 11-01-2002 at 01:24 PM.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread