+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skunk repellants?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    My smart a** comebacks get me in trouble sometimes. I tend to blurt out a comeback before I think it through all the way. One of my favorite magazines as a kid was Mad Mgazine with the "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" section.
    Unk - I have such fond memories of Mad Magazine from when I was a kid. So I bought one recently for my teenager - I thought she'd think it was a riot... she gave me the big ol'

Sigh ...

Sheela --

Jeeves knows all - try this link:

http://www.critter-repellent.com/get..._repellant.htm

And the Lewiston Idaho police department offers these tips:
    http://www.cityoflewiston.org/police...rol-Skunks.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Unk - I have such fond memories of Mad Magazine from when I was a kid. So I bought one recently for my teenager - I thought she'd think it was a riot... she gave me the big ol'

Sigh ...
    One of my all time favorites was in the elevator and the doors opened up someone asked "Is this elevator going up?" and the snappy answer was " No, we're going to fool everybody and go sideways this time!" I've used that comment and some people just have no sense of humor!
    Here is a link to a tribute site for Al Jaffe, creator of Snappy answers, with some of his work.
    http://www.leedberg.com/mad/satsq/satsq.html
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-07-2003 at 11:07 PM.

Bumpkin, thanks for the links. That fox urine powder sounds like it would do the job.

Unk, again!

I love the marginals in Mad. They never fail to make me .

Here is a link to a tribute site for Al Jaffe, creator of Snappy answers, with some of his work.
    http://www.leedberg.com/mad/satsq/satsq.html
    Thanks, Unk.

We should start a SATSQ thread here.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    My smart a** comebacks get me in trouble sometimes. I tend to blurt out a comeback before I think it through all the way. One of my favorite magazines as a kid was Mad Mgazine with the "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" section.
    YES! I loved that stuff. I have a box of old Mad Magazines in my closet and I'll pull them out sometimes and flip through them. I too tend to be a smartass, and like you, it gets me in trouble sometimes.

The elevator one was good. There's also another good one in a grocery store and there's a fish sitting there with a sign in big letters: FRESH FISH. And this one lady is asking: "Is this fish fresh?" and the grocery guy goes: "No, it's just that I don't know how to spell ROTTEN."
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    mad magazine was started when they started to censor all the comic books, seems the publisher of Mad, can't remember his name, had all the comics they wanted to censor the titles of. if it had horror, creepy, terror, and names like that. they got the ax. "sigh" censorship to protect people sucks!
    Last edited by joeguy; 08-08-2003 at 06:37 PM.

two thoughts
    tiger or lion spoor
    Citris peels.

the two of those get rid of most of the things in my garden, except the slugs... but they don't eat much.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12