+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good news from Nigeria

Princess

Good news from Nigeria

I just read that the Nigeran government has promised that "no citizen will ever be stoned [to death] according to the Shaira laws in Nigeria". The reason for this is allegedly that several contestants in the the upcoming Miss World pageant had threatened to boycot the show that is going to be held in Nigeria later this year because of a woman who got sentenced to "stoning to death" there recently because she had a child out of wedlock. You go girls!!

(edited to say "no citizen" instead of "no woman" - hey, what about non-citizens then, fair game or what??)
    Last edited by Modesty; 10-29-2002 at 08:51 PM.

Yeah right!!! and I got some ocean view property to sell you in Montana.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Princess
    Hi Ilikai! Are you being a tad sarcastic.....???
    You know, it's wonders what economical dependencies can do! (I hope.... wishful thinking, as always...)

This is for public consumption only...they will still commit barbaric acts against humanity...maybe this woman will get off but there will be others.

Sharia law don't really recognize the decisions of Govt courts.

Shame......these are the same people who would kill a raped child...because she "dis-honors" the family name.

But.......I'll stop, you don't want me to gfet started on stuff like this...!

But thanks for posting that Modesty...I hadn't heard yet that they had made this decision.

Princess
    But.......I'll stop, you don't want me to gfet started on stuff like this...!
    Well - I think we agree about these subjects, so not much to discuss (and I don't want to get started on this either...)
    I am just so fed up with all bad news coming from all over the world, that I am happy about *any* good news - even if it isn't going to last for ever.
    I usually get my news online from Swedish newspapers or Swedish radio, btw. Sometimes I go to BBC for a change.

+ Reply to Thread