+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Phrases from Home

My dad would say $754,812,973,987.09 or something just as rediculous
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

PKeeper
    Whenever one of us refers to the clothes hamper, the first syllable in hamper is extremely emphasized as in 'HAMPer'

This comes from the sound that Hoppie from the Flinstones (the pet dinosaur owned by Barney and Betty Rubble). HAMP... HAMP... HAMPHAMP!

It just came out one day like that and it has stuck since. I think it began when we were newlyweds shopping for a close hamper.

I always exclaim "Newman!" when something doesn't go my way. So does Wayner, I believe. The air is thick with "Newman!"s on our average Wednesday night hoops game, I can assure you.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sleeping with George W
    One night I was making dinner and we didn't have anything for a side dish ... so I said to darling hubby, "I'll just make some rice." He says, in his own sweet way, "I'm not eating any f***ing rice." I make this great rice with mushrooms and onions and garlic and stuff, and he starts wolfing it down. So now, I always refer to my rice recipie as "tonight we're having f***ing rice." (not within earshot of my kid, of course!)

We also tend to refer to my old hometown as "Cin-ca-frickin-natti."

Great story, Eden! Who knew anyone could be so down on rice?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I gave my kids Indian nicknames (don't ask me why). I call my son Legs Like Sticks, my daughter-in-law Walks With Towel, my 15 year old daughter Many Mouths and my 2 year old grandson is Schitz in Pantz. You can imagine the looks I get from strangers.

Princess
    CB, that is too funny!! I can just envision you in the supermarket: "Come now 'Walks With Towel' "!

Modesty, It's even better when I am in the supermarket with the baby and saying "Be good now, Schitzinpantz!".

I don't know where or how it started, but when we were younger, my sister and I started referring to making love as "doing the wild monkey dance".......I guess I still say a lot, because Joey's now started using it, too!

How very National Geographic of you, Lobeck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast