+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So easily amused...

So easily amused...

So I've just discovered the joy that IS EBay. Wow. I'm floored. This site might actually replace my FoRT fetish for a while.

I've been trying to find good fabric lately. I've not been having any luck. After several unsuccessful trips to various corners of the city, I finally gave in and went searching online (thanks in large part to advice from GrammarGoddess in another thread). Not only did I find everything I could ever possibly want (some of the most beautiful Indian saris I've ever seen), but I found out something semi-disturbing about myself.

I need to win auctions.

I cannot lose them.

I take it personally.

The joy I receive from winning is disproportional to the joy I will take in actually owning said auction item.

So, in my ongoing quest to convince myself that I'm not the world's biggest dork, I want to know what little things make you guys happy. I'm not talking about birth-of-my-children type stuff. I want to know about the time you dropped your English Muffin on the floor and it landed with the buttered side up, rendering it still edible.

Indulge me. Please?

Amanda, I just want to let you know that Half.com is run by Ebay and it doesn't involve auctions. You dont' have to contact the seller either. Yuo just get good prices. It was one of my many obsessions! Especially for books.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    This site might actually replace my FoRT fetish for a while.
    NoOoOOOOooooOOo!!!!!!

If you don't post with feverish abandon, you will remove one of the "little things" in my life that makes me happy: reveling in your delightful wit. You make me laugh every day. Your fiance is a lucky man, Eeyore.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Amanda - you *are* the world's biggest dork.

But as a former eBay queen, we loved buyers like you! Seriously, Mr. B and I made it a business for some time. We love ebay! And I still have a garage full of stuff to sell. if i ever get time.

Ok. I'm a book junkie. I go crazy for books. I spend hours on bookseller websites and their respective bookstores. So basically, it's books that make me happy.

There's more. Boar's Head ham, rotini pasta, and stores like Best Buy also make me happy. Yes, I am crazy for electronics (preferably computer-related). Shopping for health/exercise stuff also is another way I indulge myself.

Years ago, when I was crazy about Neopets, I too, would do anything to win the auctions. It gave me a bigger thrill than actually owning the item itself. And I wanted to be one of the richer Neopians, so I did nothing but play games, auction/sell items, and feed my pets free food from the Giant Omelette. But having the money didn't compare to the thrill of getting the money, either.

I agree with Paulie

hmmm, silly things that make me happy...

I had one before this thread came up... was thinking about posting it, but now it's gone.

Ill remember later and post... hopefully before I forget again. Speaking of which, remembering things makes me happy. I'm such a forgetfull cali
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Amanda - you *are* the world's biggest dork.
    But, but I thought I was.

Seriously though, I agree with what Paulie said. Don't you dare be spending your time elsewhere - you're one of the funniest, silliest people I know.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

So I've just discovered the joy that IS EBay . . . but I found out something semi-disturbing about myself.

I need to win auctions.

I cannot lose them.

I take it personally.

The joy I receive from winning is disproportional to the joy I will take in actually owning said auction item.

So, in my ongoing quest to convince myself that I'm not the world's biggest dork, I want to know what little things make you guys happy. I'm not talking about birth-of-my-children type stuff. I want to know about the time you dropped your English Muffin on the floor and it landed with the buttered side up, rendering it still edible.

Indulge me. Please?
    LOL - your most made me stop and think. I thought of a couple.

Making it to work without a coffee stain anywhere on my person.

Finding a "good" parking space after resigning yourself to the fact that your going to have to park out in the west forty

You guys are too much.

I just lost an auction. I'm seriously considering finding out who this person is who STOLE my lovely brocade sari-thingamajob, and giving them a piece of my mind.

Bidding at the very last second of the auction. Jerks. That's just bad manners.

Fade to black
    I'm seriously considering finding out who this person is who STOLE my lovely brocade sari-thingamajob, and giving them a piece of my mind.

It was greenie. She told me in private "to hell with Amanda, she's a Yankees fan."

I tried to stop her, but alas, bitter Red Sox fans are impossible.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast