+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So easily amused...

Geez, hazy! I'm never telling you a secret again. I'll sell it to you, Amanda with a 50% mark-up.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Hazy, thanks to you I now have "In the Navy" in my head.

And "bitter" is just the way I like my Red Sox fans. Beats "delusional" which is what they usually are.

I thought of another thing I take inordinate amounts of pleasure from: buying school supplies. New notebooks, fresh packages of pens. Highlighters. Liquid paper!!

The sad thing is that I don't even go to school anymore, but I still like buying these things.

Edited to add: Greenie, you and Hazy seriously crack me up. It's like a one-two punch whenever one of you posts anywhere; you know the other one isn't far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Bidding at the very last second of the auction. Jerks. That's just bad manners.
    Amanda. Here's a link for you:

www.auctionsniper.com

Bumpkin, I think I may love you.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Edited to add: Greenie, you and Hazy seriously crack me up. It's like a one-two punch whenever one of you posts anywhere; you know the other one isn't far behind.
    Ha. It's mostly me getting punched.

Anyway. . . that's a wicked cool site. Now we're all gonna leave FORT and find ourselves poor from buying all these things on auction!

*searching house to see what she can sell for way more than it's worth*
    Who shot who in the what now?

Amanda, that's so funny. I L-O-V-E buying school supplies, office supplies anything at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot.

You'd think my desk/files were organized... they are not. I have good intentions though.

Where the hell is my pen??
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, I have no idea where your pen is, but I do have about 50 I could lend you. I can't seem to stop collecting them.

What gives me an unreasonable amount of joy? Finding a great bargain. I once bought a pair of shorts for 60 cents from a department store that no longer exists. Yes, I said 60 cents. Fabulous shorts. Good fabric, good cut, good label. Only one small problem: they don't fit. Never did. I still have them, tag and all.

FORT Fogey
    Sheela,

Maybe you could give them to someone who they would fit.

I got a 20 dollar shirt for 3 bucks on clearance. I'd been really wanting it when it first came out. So getting it for 3 bucks was awesome. Then I actually wore it a couple of times! Even better!

Getting deals is great!

I went to Wal Mart with my daughter and in the parking lot she said can I get some pants? I said "If you can find a pair for $3.00 you can"

Guess who got new pants?

I remember the silly thing that made me happy the otherday.... My new razor. I bought the Intuition razor by Schick and I freakin' LOVE it. It's so smooth I didn't think it was working... thought I must have left some blade protector on or something

Sheela, your shorts not fitting cracked me up!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    Cali, I have no idea where your pen is, but I do have about 50 I could lend you. I can't seem to stop collecting them.

What gives me an unreasonable amount of joy? Finding a great bargain. I once bought a pair of shorts for 60 cents from a department store that no longer exists. Yes, I said 60 cents. Fabulous shorts. Good fabric, good cut, good label. Only one small problem: they don't fit. Never did. I still have them, tag and all.
    Hilarious.

Good sale story: Last summer I got 6 pairs of pants, a blazer, 3 skirts, and two tops (alllllll designer), all for......*dun dun dun*.....$1.67 each. Yep. Clearance baby...clearance. I'm wearing a pair of my flair legged black dress pants with my .25 belt right now.

(And I love buying school/office supplies! I adore, adore, and adore OfficeMax. I even asked for and received an OfficeMax gift card for Christmas! )
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast