+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How you met your significant other: the inspirational "teary-eyed" thread

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    So all night we are flirting, at last call I asked her if she was going to take me home, she said I couldn't handle it, So I asked why? She replied that she had two kids at home. I replied "take me home and you'll have three".
    What a great line!! Oh my...

Quinn, what a romantic proposal!

Harmoj! What an inspiring story...awesome! Within the last year I moved from an astronomically huge company to a teeny tiny company. *sigh* (And your job sounds like a fun one, despite it being busy. ) I guess I'll just have to wear shorts skirts at the sandwich place instead...
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That's a good line, joeguy. I'll have to remember that one.

Nice dog too. Is that a basset hound or a beagle?
    I know others have heard this so I'll keep it short, she is my "rescue" basset hound, was suppose to only have her for a month. that was 3 years ago and I'd never trade her for anything else, ever. she has been a great dog.

Quote from harmoj

Oh, I asked him on our honeymoon why it took him so long to notice me. He said he thought I was just being friendly, but he did like the short skirts. Ha Ha

In todays, oh so politically correct world (of which I dearly hate and wish would end) the term "Sexual Harrassment can even mean just looking at a lady one second too long. so he was probly just playing it safe till you made it known to him, in plain language. It doesn't take anything to get a complaint now-a-days so guys really need to play it like a blind monk at work. SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS! but thats my opinion

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Dogs are cool.

And that's oh so true, joeguy, what you said about being careful nowadays. One compliment taken the wrong way and you're toast.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Online, believe it or not. The end. (Some of you newer folks may not know me. Heck, some of you older FoRT folks may not remember me. At any rate, howdy, tis I. I mention this because the long version of this story is in some thread or other like, "How many of you have met online friends in real life?")

The only follow-up I can add is I dread the day when the kids come home from school with the assignment to ask Mom and Dad "How they met".

I don't want Junior going back to school with, "Well, back during the Internet boom, mommy--or "SinammonRedHot76"--and daddy--or "bars_and_stars_stud"--were chatting in a 'chat room', you see..." (Not our real chat names, btw.)

I'll probably just have to make something up about meeting her in a college bar and throwing up on her.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Welcome back Phat!

Woohoo, Phat's here!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Welcome back Phat!

Woohoo, Phat's here!
    Why, thank you.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Phat! I'm so excited to see you back

I've been able to take my kids back to the frat house where I met my husband. My duaghters' response to this? (Mommy did it smell this bad when you were here? Mommy why were you in a boy's bedroom?) Of course at some point I'll have to explain the shacking up for 5 years before marriage but I think I have time.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Online, believe it or not. The end. (Some of you newer folks may not know me. Heck, some of you older FoRT folks may not remember me. At any rate, howdy, tis I. I mention this because the long version of this story is in some thread or other like, "How many of you have met online friends in real life?")

The only follow-up I can add is I dread the day when the kids come home from school with the assignment to ask Mom and Dad "How they met".

I don't want Junior going back to school with, "Well, back during the Internet boom, mommy--or "SinammonRedHot76"--and daddy--or "bars_and_stars_stud"--were chatting in a 'chat room', you see..." (Not our real chat names, btw.)

I'll probably just have to make something up about meeting her in a college bar and throwing up on her.
    I imagine that's how I would meet mine... if I ever get one.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Phat, that was hilarious. Thanks for sharing, and back!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Beleive it or not, On line. We've been married now close to five years. I was chatting on a forum, much like this one, and this chickie totally threw me for a loop. deep insightful conversation, with humor (I'm a sucker for deep insightful conversations with humor). She had just started talking on the net and while I had been on quite while, I tend to blow these things off.

One thing led to another. we started posting to each other more and more. our times online became more and more syncronised. the odd thing was, she was on the other side of the world.

we both started using early versions of VOIP to do voice chat over the internet. We talked and talked, for about a month. Finally, we decided to meet.

The location: Bangkok. From when we met, it was magic. things felt right, and i gazed into her soul, and saw everything I could ever imagine.

Two days later, we got married. In Bangkok.

Do I believe in love at first sight? you betcha, I believe in love BEFORE sight.

(note: this is not the story I tell people most of the time. Usually I tell them we met on a business trip, to save the embarrassment).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread