+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Sig lines

I Is Stephanie

Re: Sig lines

I couldn't keep it like that. A lot happened last night, between the 3 of us, we laughed, yelled, and cried. This moment really stuck out to me.

Steph, you're my best friend. You're the first true friend I've ever had, you've stayed with me even though I've given you no reason to. I would never do anything to hurt you. Be happy. Please.

I was being really stupid, and feeling like I didn't belong with my 2 best friends, so Eric pulled me to the side and started crying. Through his tears he managed to get this out, and it's probably the most meaningful thing I've ever had anyone say to me. It was an amazing moment, one of those moments where you suddenly think you know why you created. In my case, because Eric needs more then a fair-weather friend. He's been through a lot, and to know that I've helped him makes all the fighting and punching we endure from each other worthwhile.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I Is Stephanie

Half wrapped....Oh! I KNOW!!! You got me a hooker! My graduation gift is a hooker! -my friend Craig

I changed it again. My friend Craig is graduating in a few days, so I was giving him his graduation gift. I suddenly realized that it was only half-wrapped, so I ran up to my bedroom and started to wrap the other half. HE realized that, and asked what it was. I said that I couldn't say, 'cause if I told him what his gift was, it wouldn't be as amazing. So he said "hmm...Half-wrapped." Then he spit that out, followed by "Jeez Stephanie, we're not allowed to have hookers at the Academy!" (Annapolis Naval Academy). I had to put that there. Might be the last real laugh I get with him. He leaves in 25 days.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2415969;
    Half wrapped....Oh! I KNOW!!! You got me a hooker! My graduation gift is a hooker! -my friend Craig

I changed it again. My friend Craig is graduating in a few days, so I was giving him his graduation gift. I suddenly realized that it was only half-wrapped, so I ran up to my bedroom and started to wrap the other half. HE realized that, and asked what it was. I said that I couldn't say, 'cause if I told him what his gift was, it wouldn't be as amazing. So he said "hmm...Half-wrapped." Then he spit that out, followed by "Jeez Stephanie, we're not allowed to have hookers at the Academy!" (Annapolis Naval Academy). I had to put that there. Might be the last real laugh I get with him. He leaves in 25 days.
    Awww! You're posts make me laugh, and you have great friends! You and Craig sound so adorable! Hope you two stay friends, and wish him luck from me!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I Is Stephanie

Craig--you're never going to read this, but it's your first day at Annapolis. I know I haven't been totally supportive, but trust me, I love you and trust that you've made the right decision. Maybe you don't believe me, but I really do love and support you through everything. Have fun, I'll see you in November or December. ~Always, Stephanie

It is...not funny, or profound, or even anything too special. This time, it's what I'm thinking, plain and simple. Uncensored. Just what I think he needs to know, even though he might never see it.

I Is Stephanie

And, as quickly and mysteriously as the strange boy entered her life, he left, leaving her wondering if life would return to normal eventually, or even what normal was to begin with.

More profoundness. I always liked the mysterious tone that books took on when something sad happened, so I thought I'd try my hand at it here. I don't think I suceeded, but I still like the way it sounds.

Gary Larson's The Far Side is hysterical. I have a Far Side daily desk calender and it gets my day off to a great start,

"In this dramatic turn of events, testimony against Mr. Pumpkineater is about to be given by his sister, Jeannie Jeannie Eatszucchini" ~ Gary Larson ~ The Far Side
    That's great! In all the years I read Larson, I missed that one
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

That's great, Unk. My dad was a huge Larson fan, as were all of us kids. The only thing we came close to arguing over after he died was his vast Larson book collection.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 09-27-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling, whoops.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2589367;
    That's great, Unk. My dad was a huge Larson fan, as were all of us kids. The only thing we came close to arguing over after he died was his vast Larson book collection.
    I've got The Complete Far Side, every cartoon he ever published plus some that weren't.
    My current sig line is appropriate for this time of year.

+ Reply to Thread