+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sig lines

St. Patrick's Day is coming.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Mine will be changing randomly with different tidbits from the old Hollywood Squares
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel, every time I see another center square answer I hear Paul Lynde's voice saying it in my head. I just love his voice.

My bottom signature today is a quote from Douglas Adams that came to mind today when all the computers around me had a different time on them. Stupid Daylight Saving glitches.

Here's the full quote, which wouldnt fit:

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much, of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end.- Douglas Adams"
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    I read my new line in a book and it really touched me. And I feel its so true.

We are always going to have pain in our lives, but how we deal with it, is what is important. You can give in and be miserable or you can face it head on and tell it that its not going to make you suffer. Better to learn from it and move on and be stronger than to suffer and be miserable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Had to change my "being barefoot earlier in the spring and later into the fall" quote since they are predicting snow here today. (Imagine the italics spoken in a Lewis Black voice)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Iraq--love it or leave it is a take-off on the America, love it or leave it mentality.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mine is another Douglas Adams quote.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

I think I would have been pretty floored if someone would have taken me aside at 16 years old and explained how my life was going to play out up to this point. I wouldn't have believed it and would have probably been pretty depressed about parts of it. However, I feel very at peace with where I am nowadays. I know that my whole life and some of the challenges and heartache I faced were meant to help me prepare for this time. I feel if I hadn't have been through the fire, I wouldn't have been able to appreciate the joyful and magical things that have come into my life. So it all worked out rather well in the end.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Is Stephanie

Re: Sig lines

Yeah. That's gonna sound great. "Mom, can I sleep over with my ex-girlfriend and her maniac best friend? -My friend, on her ex-boyfriend sleeping over with us

This happened last night. I was over at my best friend 'lanna's house, with another best friend, Eric (who is also her ex-boyfriend), and we were having a ton of fun. Since I was sleeping over, he said that he wished that all 3 of us could spend the whole night there.

I said tht he should ask his mom, the worst thing that could happen would be that she said no. So 'lanna said "yeah..." and I loved it. She called me a maniac. Highlight of my life *she said sarcastically,* so I had to put in in here.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Re: Sig lines

My Thoughts...
    Never Grow a Wishbone where a Backbone oughta Be

+ Reply to Thread