+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sig lines

I Is Stephanie

How/Why did you choose your signature line?

Ok, so we've got a thread for why you chose your avatar. But I failed to find one on why you chose your signature line. So here it is.

My signature line currently is:

Gotta Love It.

S:Cam, Eric's gone AGAIN! Cam:Eh, I'll get him in a few minutes. No one is missing him.

I chose the Gotta Love It becuase that's just something I've said for as long as I can remember, and I thought, instead of typing it out 5 times a day, why not make it a signature line?

My other line changes constantly, right now, it's a dialogue between a teacher and a student at my school. The student whined "Cam, [Eric's] gone AGAIN! Get him! We all know where he is, and what he's doing, and it's the middle of class!" (He was making out with his girlfriend.) So the teacher replied "Eh, is anyone mssing him?" There was silence, so he said "OK, I'll get him in a few minutes. I don't think that anyone really cares."

However, I've also had song lyrics, proverbs, and arguments that I've had with friends about absolutely nothing.

Now, it's your turn to share why you thought that your signature line should be.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I change mine when the mood strikes but for now it's one that just struck me as funny since we're all on-line and have home computers.

(in case I change it later - There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen)
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

MRD
    I choose mine after being told I was not patriotic because I don't support the war in Iraq or agree with our President on many things. I support our troops, I have great admiration for anyone that serves. But one of our basic American rights is freedom of speech and therefore when I heard that quote from Neil Young (who is Canadian by the way), I knew I had found my sig line.

Because I can be patriotic, love my country, support our military, but I don't have to agree with my president and it says so right in the Constitution when I'm guaranteed the right of free speech.

"We don't all have to believe what our president believes to be a patriot" -- Neil Young
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    Wow. That's powerful, MRD.

Mine changed again.

My Boyfriend: I love you Me: Mee too (he reads as 'I love you, too,' I read as 'I love me, too!'

So this one might be a little mean, but it really did catch me by surprise. I wasn't expecting him to say that, so I wasn't sure how to respond. I just quickly typed in my trademark 'mee too,' thinking that he'd read it to mean that I love him too, while I knew that I meant that I love me, too. Oh well.

And Nate, if you're reading this, I'm really sorry. I am.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I picked this one to give thanks to the staff that took great care of me during my recent hospitalization. Nurses of the world, Thank you!

That's great Unk, they deserve some recognition. (Plus I like that a Swede said that quote )

I just love a good quote and I loved Sue Ann's snarky humor. This just seemed like a good one for winter - didn't know it was prophetic at the time I chose it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I choose mine because I love Colbert and this line of his really spoke to me about the hypocripsy of the right wing Conservative bible thumpers. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's my opinion.

Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Mine is pretty much to the point. End child abuse!! End child Abuse!!

Before this public service announcement, I always had some quote from Reno 911 that made me snort.

But, the original sig line has always been, "If it's not broke, fix it til it is".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Mine is both a quote from Tiny Tim in Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" and a reminder to myself that we all deserve to be blessed. (God bless us every one)
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread