+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sig lines

I laugh every time I see your Sopranos quote Brusch. I didn't see the episode that Tony said that but it's perfectly in character for him.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, I finally changed my sig... now it has one of the best chain-mail quotes ever in it and a quote from that oh-so-funny Dan Quayle.

FORT Fan
    I discovered "livejournals" for the first time the other day. Alot of people talk about their favourite stars, which is cool, whatever floats their boat. But in the responses to the journals, people would gush on and say *squee* alot which I assume means squeal or something. And all that squeeing started freaking me out.

I'm bumping this to say that I Eny's sigline:

"Roses are red,
    violets are blue.
    All of my base
    are belong to you."

I have had this signature for a week or so and I think it's the first one I've had. I wrote it because I believe it. No, sometimes the world seems to not be working in your favor at all-like God is out to get you. And you just want to be like, "The world is wrong." I know everybody understands that anyway.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I think my signature fits for the purpose of this site...that's just my opinion. :phhht

WomynLee, I love your signature! It's cute and real.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I dig yours too CitizenKaos...fits your name!

The first line is from a song called "Sweaters." it sums up what I'd like to do with my life.

And the second one... I'm still ticked that the head honchos at NPR took Bob Edwards off Morning Edition, right before his 25th anniversary as the show's only host. Needless to say, I no longer wake up to my public radio station. (I must be the only NPR listener here... )

"For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
    -Ephesians 6:12

I've never gotten so much attention for a sig line. I've gotten about 4 pms over this. This quote is obviously from the Bible. I had it on a poster when I was in high school and would look at it every day before venturing into the hell that was the public education system. It appealed to my teenage angst-y nature.

Over the years, I've become less concerned with the first part of the quote about bucking authority and have focused more on the second half. That although I may not be slaying dragons or firing from a foxhole, I have my own battles to wage in life. Against all of the injustices, cruelties, and suffering that I witness in the world and in myself.

When I received an email from someone I went to HS with recently, I thought of it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread