+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig lines

It's Winter Carnival!! Check out the statue builders at
    http://wintercarnival.mtu.edu/
    Give the gift of life, give blood.

My newest one is about Winter Carnival at Michigan Tech University where my husband graduated, I went for 2 years plus I grew up not that far away. Winter Carnival was my favorite time of the year for years, we would go look at the statues, watch broomball and go to the hockey games with my dad when we were in grade school and when I got older I would go stay with my sister for the weekend. Heck, I met my first real boyfriend at Winter Carnival.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Another DouglasAdams quote. Just in that kind of mood...
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Princess
    Guess mine says it all .

Interesting satire on Sig Lines, Modesty

FORT Fogey
    My sig line just provides an explanation of what Rudy is saying.... and it has my favorite quote ever (yeah, yeah, I'm self-centered...) but I absolutely love it.

FORT Fogey
    Its a line from LOTR:TTT.

What's your inspiration/meaning of your sig line?

Yeah, we got the

"What does your screename mean" and we got the "Why did you choose that avatar thread"

So yes...

What is your inspiration, meaning, purpose or whatever of your sig line. Some people here constantly change theirs (like myself) so what was your inspiration to put it there. Be it a quote or something. What was the story behind it?

Mine...currently is stated as "BAKA " lol..

yeah... that's Japanese for Stupid!... currently finding many things and many people as such.

What about YOU!..

My sig line is a quote that I came across shortly after I very suddenly and unexpectedly lost my dad last year. I have always been the quintessential "Daddy's Girl," and to suddenly not have my dad anymore . . . to not have anyone call me "Little One" anymore, was almost more than I could bear. I have always considered myself to be a very strong person, but suddenly that strength was gone, and my courage that had once "roared" at whatever the world threw my way suddenly became a whisper. Just finding the strength to get up in the morning and to keep going for those in my life who still depended on me was difficult.

It's been a little over a year now, and the strength that I thought was gone forever has returned. After all, my dad raised a fighter! However, I still have the quote stuck to the front of my computer, and I still have it as my sig line, simply as a reminder to me that even when my courage doesn't ROAR, just the whisper of it is all I need.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

on vacation
    I got mine in an email and I just liked it. It seemed to fit what was going on in my life where I was taking everything so seriously and was down about work stuff. It just made me realize that I shouldn't take life so seriously.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

The Sopranos one is because I love that show and as a computer related quote it seems to fit. The Simpsons has thousands of great quotes and this is one of Homer's ramblings from the episode "Homer the Vigilante" (the one with the Cat Burglar). For some reason I picked it. With my laziness I haven't gotten around to changing the quotes and they've seemed to have stuck.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread