+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me...

I don't recall anything missing from this thread. We posted in several...this, and the introduce yourself thread.

Queen of all boards
    the....<-----------did you see my name, i have a duty...the homage to queens comment to mokka....your San fran response, and my an entirely different species remark....

I have an excellent memory.
    Life is a game, play hard.

Yup I do recall those posts, plus she asked me why I was quiet as well thus the "world series" and "multitasking" comment

Queen of all boards
    So, am I missing something? Or are we just not allowed to participate in idle chit chat?

Surfer, I don't know what happened to those posts, but I do know they were indeed here this morning.

But to answer your question...Idle chit-chat that's meant for just yourself and another member belongs in chat or PM's. Threads shouldn't just become a convenient way for 2 people to carry on a conversation. It's rude, cliquey, and a waste of everyone else's time because they might feel they have to read all of the threads.

Now, once in a while, there are going to be comments by a person that don't add to the conversation, like when someone wants to say "you're right", or "good job" or whatever. No problems there, as long as they don't get totally off track.

Another ongoing problem is that when a mod DOES take care of a problem, like for example, moving a thread...Almost immediately another thread gets started, asking "what happened to my thread?". And then when THAT gets deleted or moved because it's a problem, another one gets started, and so on.

If someone has a problem with something missing or being moved, or whatever...Starting another thread isn't going to bring it back, I guarantee it.

We have hundreds of threads in many different forums. All I ask is that you keep things pretty-well on topic, don't start new threads when another one will do the trick, and don't "thread-jack" (taking a thread that's about one thing, and turning it into something completely different).

This board isn't going to be to everyone's tastes. We're friendly, mature, and talkative. The reason there are so many boards out there is because everyone's tastes are different. This one will continue to be run the way we've run it in the past, and while there are a lot of people who like us just for that reason, there are some who don't. To those people who would have us change our ways, I say the door's over there...

Queen of all boards
    Hey john, care to chat for a minute?

Yep, I'll head in there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12