+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with you new people?

What is wrong with you new people?

I have had it. It seems like every thread I go into lately is filled more negative banter than discussion about the actual topic.

Listen all you new people, we have a very nice site going here and I would venture to say that those of us who have been around a while (even those of us who do not post very often) would really rather do without your b*&^$#&t.

If you have a conflicting opinion, fine post it but do not engage in back and forth wars! We do not need you!!!

John, I vote......delete them!!!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I totally agree. I came to this board about a couple of months ago and found the discussions refreshing and respectful. Now it seems many people come on here just to attack others opinions. I've retreated back to lurking. It's not worth my energy to get verbal abused for voicing an opinion.

Unfortunately, I think it's a product of popularity and growth. The haters have found us.

But we're still trying to keep it under control. I think we do a fairly good job for our size...

I should add, too, that if you see posts that are blatantly abusive or that contain direct attacks on other members, please let us know.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yes, anyone can use the "Report Post" link that's in every single post on the forum (right under the signature). If you click on it, you'll be asked to provide a reason for reporting the post, and then all of the staff will get an e-mail, asking them to check the post out.

It's quick, painless, and better than replying to a hater, because if you reply, then you've just doubled our work.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks to the mods and all the great people here at the site who have run to the FORT as a retreat from all the nasty sites! We do like it nice and fun! Not mean and nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's quick, painless, and better than replying to a hater, because if you reply, then you've just doubled our work.

I realized this big time when I "lived" in the AI forum. It's all about reading what you need to know and ignoring the rest. I know it's hard, but I believe if you consistently try to post politely it will eventually rub off on others.

I'm so naive.
    Who shot who in the what now?

It doesn't bother me when people have a different opinion from me--so what? The two things that do bother me are when a member post purposely only to annoy someone else and try to ielicit a response and when they take a personal jab at either me or someone else.

FORT Fogey
    Eldee,, exactly! love different opinions but the rude insults are just not ok...

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Eldee,, exactly! love different opinions but the rude insults are just not ok...

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast