+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery.....

If you won the lottery.....

This is such a cliche' question, but I've never heard you all talk about it...so...

FORT People:
    What would you do if you won the lotto? Tell us your fantasy.

Is it all planned out?
    Would you quit your job?
    Would you continue to live where you do (state, house, city, etc.)?
    Would you travel?
    What would you buy that you can't afford to buy now?
    Last edited by Shazzer; 07-24-2003 at 02:48 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

For starters: After I took care of my family and friends, I would buy a huge victorian home with all the trimmings. It would have about 15 acres. There would be a vegetable and a flower garden you can stroll through with fish ponds. There will also be a swimming pool and basketball court. There will be a large fenced in portion to foster P.A.N.T.'s dogs until they get adopted. Buy and stock a spay and neuter van for P.A.N..T. The unlucky cats and dogs will find a great home with me.

I would pay for F.E.R.R.'s ranch so Tanya could do her wonderful rescue and caring of horses, etc.

I would host the first FORT convention and it would be a kick *ss party!!!

Oh, I would buy a new car, professional camera equipment. Take my friends on vacation with me around the world. Go on a shopping spree everywhere.

What about you?

I would pay off all my bills, give some to my mother, father, sister and my best friend. I would definately quit my job and volunteer in my daughters school...of course I would send her to private school.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Move to Kauai
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I guess we're talking multi millions here eh?

If it were one mill my life wouldn't really change... sounds funny, but if you take the yearly payment it's 50 grand a year before taxes

So if it were the BIGGIE... hell... I don't know. I would most definitely give a lot to family.

The absolute best thing though, would be the look on my husband's face when he found out he didn't have to work anymore
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    ....The absolute best thing though, would be the look on my husband's face when he found out he didn't have to work anymore
    Oh, touch my heart. Now, that's priceless!

If I won the lottery...let's say it's a lot of money of course like millions...

I would pay my older brother's college tuition fees and my other siblings if I felt like it...my older brother is only one I really like... =P Actually my family is doing pretty well. We're not rich but we're well off. I would pay myself through college. I would buy a nice ole house. Give some money to relatives...and mostly what I can think of right now is to use it in someway to feed my daily Clay fix...also give money to my Claymate friends and help them out with stuff they might need or want in the name of Clay.

mwahahaha...oh yes and I would host a warm cozy gathering for my Claymate friends and pay for their travel expenses n such...weeee....

"I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

If I won the lottery and it was a HUGE pay off, I would........................

1. Give some money to my family (mother, father, sisters, brother-in-laws, nephew).

2. Pay off all my bills. And set some.......ok, A LOT.......aside.

3. Travel. Travel. Travel. Travel. Oh, and did I mention.....Travel. Hawaii, Ireland, Seattle, Italy (again), Fiji, Bora Bora, China, Alaska, New York City.

4. Hire a personal trainer and a cook.....short term of course, wouldn't want it to eat up my money.

If we are talking powerball then I would buy land near my parents and build four houses on it. One for my family, one for Sher, one for my brother and one for my parents. I would buy a house for my sister-in-law's family wherever she wanted. I would set up trusts for my kids and my niece and nephew as well as any kids my brother has. New vehicles and extended warrantees for all the above adults mentioned. My mom and dad would have a maid and grounds keeper for the rest of their lives and live in nurses if ever necessary. I would pay for any funeral and graveyard expenses for the above mentioned. My husband would retire(he would probably choose to teach highschool). If there were anything left I would travel with my family.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

If I win the lottery and got a huge lump sum with it, I would:

1. Give my friends and family money (the more I like the friend, the more he/she gets)
    2. Pay off the bills
    3. Get a better apartment
    4. Get one of those chrome-titanium furniture sets (I'm a sucker for furniture with metal accents)
    5. Get a nice car
    6. Get nicer clothes
    7. Travel around the country and meet my penpals, then go to places they have been to
    8. Go on a huge shopping spree
    9. Set aside 4/5 of what's left then donate the rest to Greenpeace

I can always dream....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast