+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: If you won the lottery.....

Re: If you won the lottery.....

Hmmm, let's see...

First, I would buy or build a house in Alabama. Not anything huge, but something with ample room for my family of five. We live in Ohio and I'm trying to convince my hubby to move to Alabama...lol. My best friend is there. Anyway, I would have a beautiful garden, pool, home gym and an indoor basketball court so my boys could play no matter what the weather.

I would donate money and supplies to every animal shelter in the vicinity and I would pick a homeless family with children, buy them a small house, a dependable car and pay their bills for 6 months all the while, helping them get jobs and get on their feet. If I succeeded and had money left over, I would pick another family to help. I would also donate to a few children's causes...like St. Judes.

I'd be driving a Jaguar. I would help my family as much as I could. Most of my siblings and my mom have serious drug/alcohol problems, so I wouldn't be forking over cash. I couldn't really buy them anything like a house or car because the minute they got desperate...they'd sell it. I guess I'd put money aside for them and try to convince them to get treatment (at my expense of course).

I would take a year to travel the world. Just load up the hubby and kids and off we go. Italy, China, Egypt, Greece, Paris, London, Milan, Australia, Africa...the grand canyon...lol.

I wouldn't really spoil my boys too much. Want a new car? Earn it. They have to now. They would get things, but not in excess.

I'd get me a boytoy.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2343680;
    Hmmm, let's see...

First, I would buy or build a house in Alabama. Not anything huge, but something with ample room for my family of five. We live in Ohio and I'm trying to convince my hubby to move to Alabama...lol. My best friend is there. Anyway, I would have a beautiful garden, pool, home gym and an indoor basketball court so my boys could play no matter what the weather.

I would donate money and supplies to every animal shelter in the vicinity and I would pick a homeless family with children, buy them a small house, a dependable car and pay their bills for 6 months all the while, helping them get jobs and get on their feet. If I succeeded and had money left over, I would pick another family to help. I would also donate to a few children's causes...like St. Judes.

I'd be driving a Jaguar. I would help my family as much as I could. Most of my siblings and my mom have serious drug/alcohol problems, so I wouldn't be forking over cash. I couldn't really buy them anything like a house or car because the minute they got desperate...they'd sell it. I guess I'd put money aside for them and try to convince them to get treatment (at my expense of course).

I would take a year to travel the world. Just load up the hubby and kids and off we go. Italy, China, Egypt, Greece, Paris, London, Milan, Australia, Africa...the grand canyon...lol.

I wouldn't really spoil my boys too much. Want a new car? Earn it. They have to now. They would get things, but not in excess.
    You could buy your mom and family homes and cars, just don't put them in their names. My brother inherited quite a good bit of money YEARS ago, from a relative (he was the first born, blah, blah, blah), my dad literally forced him to put it in a trust with my dad as the person in charge of the trust. This way, the money went to pay my brother's family's living expenses and didn't get drank or drugged away by my brother and his wife and kids had food and electricity, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2343874;
    I'd get me a boytoy.
    . You deserve it Gut! That started my day off with a laugh!

MRD

Gut, that has me

I've always joked that I would hire a cabana boy to bring me drinks and tote my stuff around. I'm married, so I don't need a boy toy, but I could use a well paid person to wait on me. I've always pictured someone like Agador from The Birdcage. He would provide entertainment, food, drinks and any other chores that were needed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2344087;
    I've always pictured someone like Agador from The Birdcage. He would provide entertainment, food, drinks and any other chores that were needed.
    In a pinch, I think he could do your hair, too!

+ Reply to Thread