+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would I make a good blogger?

FORT Fogey
    I have an online journal myself. I think if you are intelligent and enjoy writing, then why not. Leo, I definitely think you have that quality.

You know what I can't stand about online journals? People who talk like they're from the ghetto. Umm...lemme think. They stay stuff like waz up wit dat and other stuff in their entries. It's hella annoying! I cannot stand it. I may talk like that sometimes, but I sure won't write like that.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I would have to agree with everyone about you being a good blogger. LiveJournal and uJournal are really good sites for online journals. Unless we're going full-scale and you want to do a whole site for yourself. But anyway, I have a uJournal at the moment (had to cancel my live journal for lack of use)... and, I recommend both.

Lil_Cutie - I agree. Though, I am guilty of a couple of slang filled entries.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks everyone. I probably am going to go thru with it; I'm going to start with a free site somewhere - I still haven't decided on which one to use. Blogspot is a possibility; LiveJournal is also one but I'm not sure how well it would fit in (most of the blogs on LiveJournal seem to be personal blogs, so I'm not sure if mine would really fit there). Any other suggestions for good hosts?

AmandaG: I am pretty obsessive about grammar and spelling myself. After all, in my high school days (which was only two years ago), I was an editor in the school paper. I've also never understood netspeak used in blogs. Chats, yes. Anything else - no.

ixcrisxi: I'm not using my own web host - yet. If it does take off, I probably will end up moving it to its own host and switching to MovableType.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I agree Leo. Most journals in Livejournal are very personal and I don't think if you want to write something serious or intellectual, it would fit in well in Livejournal.

I do not have a suggestion though.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Leo, I think you'd be great with a blog.

This site is my blog

ahhh, blog.

Thanks Amanda.

Interesting.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Holy bananas, you learn something new every day.

I've never heard of a blog, and not only that, but I never knew online journals etc. existed. I guess I'm still a newbie with net life after my short 7 or so years online.

(Blog...BLOG...Blog....say the word enough and it starts to sound crazy.)

Okay, now that I know what a "blog" is...Leo, I think you would make a good "blogger" (although I'm so "old school" I am tempted to just ignore you all and make up my own "slang" for an online journal. No one will know what I'm talking about...but I'll feel comforted. )
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Leo, I think that should go well for you. Please let us know where to read your journal. I'm sure you will do well!

Leo, I don't know much about blogs, but I would love to read your online journal. Go for it, and when you do let us know how to get to it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's probably going to go up within a week or two - I want to make sure that everything is as good as I can get it without having to pay for anything.

Rest assured, once it's up, I'll post a link to it here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast