+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Election season griping

Election season griping

I don't know if it's like this where you are, but out here, all the commercials this season have one thing in common. After bashing a candidate for the entire commercial, the ad gives the candidate's phone number and says something like, "Call So-and-so. Tell them it's time to look out for the little man."

SO annoying. Who's going to be calling all these idiots and ranting at 'em? Argh! :mad:
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LOL Isn't the democratic process great Paulie?

We haven't had those type ads here.

We've definitely had those types of ads here, Paulie.

I so dislike election time commercials. They are so nasty to each other and never really cover the real issues. Poopoo on them!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I so dislike election time commercials. They are so nasty to each other and never really cover the real issues. Poopoo on them!
    Hear Hear!!
    (Here Here???) Makes more sense to write hear.... hmmmm. Paulie, help me out bud!

Please people: Tell me what you will do, not what your opponent does or does not do.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali
    Hear Hear!!
    (Here Here???) Makes more sense to write hear.... hmmmm. Paulie, help me out bud!

Please people: Tell me what you will do, not what your opponent does or does not do.
    sing it, sister!

that's what i want to know. what can you do for me?! obviously, that part of the election process has been eliminated altogether. for the past several years i've been voting based solely on the lesser of two evils. and that sucks.

LG.
    The ads here are TERRIBLE, I hate everyone running for office now because of all the nasty ads that you can't escape. Call Joe Blow and tell him to stop scaring seniors, stop polluting our wilderness, stop stealing money from our children's schools, stop raising our taxes, etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm so mad I could spit -- do we have an emoticon that captures that (close enough)

Anyway, I'm SO over the media complaining about how the sniper news is keeping everyone from talking about the issues. What? These jerks aren't allowed to bash each other? Poor babies.

Come on! Everyone who really wants to vote will. And we're not stupid, we know the issues...we don't need your damn bashing ones to get it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I have to laugh about the Governor commercials here. I've been out of the state for 2 years, and I come back just in time for THIS. "So-and-so helped pass legislation to let Canada dump their garbage in Michigan."

Now, I ask, how much garbage could Canada have, that they can't dump it in their millions of acres of forest where no one would see it? I'm REALLY sure that they're saying "hey, can we just ship it over to you guys to hold onto?"

That reminds me. I am technically still a Florida resident. I'm thinking seriously of absentee-balloting just to vote against Jeb. But maybe I shouldn't say that out loud.

+ Reply to Thread