+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alright! Come clean!

Tide tablets. Not because of scent, but because they are practical. Dryer sheets... Bounce. I prefer laudry not smelling at all, I think I am somewhat allergic to some stuff, few weeks ago I bought some detergent in sale and ended up scratching myself until I was literally bleeding.

My family buys the brand that's on sale at Rite Aid. So right now we're using Tide. Frabic softener is Bounce.

We use some cheap-ass brand (Xtra, mountain fresh scent) that's $4.99 for a 75-gallon vat. It works just fine, smells lovely and lasts about a year and a half per bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Tide tablets. Not because of scent, but because they are practical. Dryer sheets... Bounce. I prefer laudry not smelling at all, I think I am somewhat allergic to some stuff, few weeks ago I bought some detergent in sale and ended up scratching myself until I was literally bleeding.
    I like the tablets better as well, when you do alot of laundry, its easier to carry a couple of tablets in your pocket to the laundry room in my building vs. carrying a big box.

I recently heard from my mom that she read a report somewhere that fabric softner sheets contain fiberglass, thats how it adheres to your clothing. I know that some sheets cause me to itch after I use them on my clothing.

Urban legend? Help me out with this one folks.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I recently heard from my mom that she read a report somewhere that fabric softner sheets contain fiberglass, thats how it adheres to your clothing. I know that some sheets cause me to itch after I use them on my clothing.

Urban legend? Help me out with this one folks.
    Hmmm....that's one I haven't heard before. I would hope that it's only an urban legend. Now where did I put that box of fabric softener?....

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I use Arm & Hammer because it's $2.98 a gallon at WalMart and one of the few laundry detergants that work well in our water. We have a well and it's really got a lot of iron in it. For fabric softner I use Downey liquid with the little dispenser ball so I don't have to go back to put in the fabric softner. I also use bleach on the sheets and pillowcases because it reminds me of staying at my Grandma's house. Hers always smelled of bleach.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Another tide-user, here! I use Snuggles for the fabric softener.

Good to see you posting again, Feif!

Fade to black
    I use Irish Springs. Makes my clothes smell Spring Fresh! And if I use the Aloe brand in the summer it takes care of any itching sensations (err from sunburn).

(actually, I'm a typical male, I use whatever's on sale at the grocery store. I do use Downy though!)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Era, All or Wisk (when on sale). Downy liquid and downy dryer sheets.

Currently, I use Planet for my regular loads and Ecover for delicates. They're hypo-allergenic and earth-friendly (biodegradable and phosphate-free). These brands may not be the cheapest, but my washing machine is one of those energy-saving ones (it's a tax write-off to buy an environmentally sound washer!), so only a teensy bit of soap is necessary for it to work properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12