+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Update...

A Little Update...

Well, as some of you may or may not already know, my dad had surgery on Monday for this lump in his neck. It's not cancer...but I'm not sure what it's called though. It only took about an hour or so for the actual surgery. He was only in recovery for an hour until he came home. The lump had like 5 c.c. of puss, I believe. He had to have a little filter in there for a few days to drain out any fluid that'd gather in that space. My mom took it out today and changed the dressing. He's doing very well. Thanks for everyone's thoughts, and thanks, Feifer, for your PM and concern.

When he got the drug to "relax" him before the surgery, he acted really funny. He just stared ahead of him while I talked to him. It'd take him like 30 seconds to get his hand up to scratch his face. It was quite hilarious.

Mdrio, I am so glad to hear things are going well. Where the hell was I that I didn't know about this? Sorry bud
    Such a relief to know it wasn't cancer
    Take care of yourself and your pops!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I quickly mentioned it in the thread for The Ring in the movie forum, but it's not that big of a deal. It's not quite as serious as it sounds. He's up and about doing his homework for his college class at this very moment.

Good to hear it! Serious or not, ANY procedure can be scary. Glad to know he's up and at 'em!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Mike, glad to hear things are going better! I had no idea, but I did notice that you had been pretty scarce lately!

Glad to have you back!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Glad your Dad is OK ! I didn't know anything was wrong either...
    Give him our best and take care!

good to hear Mdrio, I too was unaware...but glad it worked out well for him.

Give him my best regards and tell him to soak up all the hospitality his family can muster!

So glad to hear the operation went well and that your Dad is on the mend.
    "That's Numberwang!"

oh good, mike! i, too, didn't know. both my parents had surgery this year, and though they are both doing fine, it's always scary and nervewracking and humbling to find your parents in a weakened state. i'm glad all is well. ::big hug::

Mike, glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast