+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: News on the DC area killer

(From CNN Online...)

Authorities probing D.C-area sniper attacks take second man into custody, federal law enforcement source tells CNN. Details to come.

ABC is reporting about this right now. The one eyewitness that they have been interviewing said that the white van was at the phone booth around 8 o'clock this morning. It is THIS GUYS THEORY that he used the phone and the call was traced. Soon after he made the call a swat team showed up and took him into custody.
    REMEMBER that is one persons repory from what he saw.
    Has any one heard whether or not the bullet removed from the Ashland Victim has been identified?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And actually it sound like they may have 2 people in custody right now.

Unfortunately, I still don't think they have the right person/s. There are a lot of reasons that I think Chief Moose may have come out after the report of this incident in Richmond saying he is preparing a response to the communication he received. But, unfortunately -- looking at the van, and some of the things you can see inside, I don't think they have them....

And even more unfortunate, if they have the wrong person, the true guy is going to go out and do this again soon to make sure everyone knows he is still out there (like he did last week when they thought they had the guy in Baltimore)

I hope I'm wrong, I REALLY hope I am. But, I'm skeptical.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I too, am skeptical Bravo. After hearing that a lot of people turned themselves in after the initial spree, I have to say I will not get my hopes up on any news right now.
    I'm not convinced that the latest one wasn't a "copy cat". The man was shot in the stomach (I know that the 13 year old was too, but....), the shot was taken from a closer range, it was done on a weekend, and I can't get this stupid idea out of my head: The van they got this morning had temporary tags... what if some moron wanted to get caught, even if he didn't have anything to do with the earlier shootings??

Here's another thought....well a couple.

- If there are 2 people involved, perhaps one of them is a better shot than the other. So the one that is not as good of a shot has been hitting them in the stomach

- The people that it seems he has hit in the stomach also were in motion unlike the poor victims that were standing still at the gas stations or sitting on the park bench, etc...

I firmly believe that the Saturday shooting is this guy.

But I won't believe that these 2 down in Richmond had anything to do with this until someone from the FBI (or that Chief Moose guy) comes on TV and looks directly in the camera and says 100% this person(s) are responsible for every single one of these shootings.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

There was supposed to be an update from Moose at noon (so far it hasn't happened)

Another by Virginia authorities at 1PM.

Not sure who they got this morning. One guy in an adjacent parking lot reported the guy taken into custody had "olive skin"...but that hasn't been confirmed by officials yet.

It's very odd...because some stations are reporting 1 person, and some are reporting 2 people.

I keep flipping back and forth between CNN and Fox and checking on the local stations as well as the local radio.

Everyone is confused and I'm afraid this is just wishful thinking.

Last I heard it was 2 people. That was the noon news on ABC. At the end of the broadcast they did a little recap thing... There is supposed to be a couple news breifings this afternoon

Local sherrif just reported two (2) men in custody. They are being questioned but not charged.

Also, ballistics linked the latest shooting to the others.

Well, it looks like they cleared those guys... that is the last I heard.
    Now we have another shooting, this time back in Montgomery County. NO CONFIRMATION as to whether this is related to the serial murderer or not.

My husband and I went out to dinner last night with another couple. The guy was telling us how pissed he was that they are referring to this guy as "The Sniper". He said, and I agree, that it almost romanticizes the murderer. Giving him a name he may truly like. He truly is just a murdering SOB and should be referred to as such.

+ Reply to Thread