+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Criminals *Add your fav stories*

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Okay, here's a story I heard about a few years ago.
    the main public transport means here is what we call the jeepney.
    here's one even better leo, i supposed youve heard about the guy mistaking a plane for a jeepney. it was all over the news 2 years ago i think...

heres the story:

This guy boarded his plane in Davao which is in Mindanao and scene of the current battle with Muslim separatist terrorists. As a result, Davao airport is subject to some of the most stringent security measures supposedly available. He still managed to board the plane with a gun, a grenade and home-made parachute. This led to one of the funnier comments, from a Philippine Airlines executive, who was quoted as saying "it is not unusual for our passengers to carry parachutes".

OK......No one knows how he managed to get on board carrying all this stuff. Apparently despite the stringent security measures Davao's metal-detector gate that all passengers must walk through has actually been broken for three months. Rather than get it fixed security staff just pretended it was still working assuming it would act as a deterrent. The hijacker then held up the pilot with his gun and grenade accidentally firing a round into the roof of the cockpit. He said he was having marital problems (his wife had left him for a cop) and was short of cash. He then passed around a hat not once but twice collecting a total of P15,000 (US$340). He then forced the pilot to come down to 6,000 feet, depressurize the cabin and open the rear door. He was intending to jump using his recently created parachute when he suddenly froze.

While standing in the doorway vacillating a quick thinking steward gave him a shove. His home-made parachute separated from his body a few hundred feet below the plane in full view of some passengers. His brother would later be quoted as saying, "he had dreamed of becoming a skydiver but he had never jumped before." They have since found the hotel room where he was staying while dreaming up this scheme. Pieces of canvas and rope were left where he designed this aerodynamic marvel. The following day according to police, "The hijackers body when found was imbedded in the ground feet first. Only his hands protruded." The chute was a kilometer away. No money was found.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Leo
    Premium Member
    Oh yeah, I remember that case. It was all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBoyScout
    This led to one of the funnier comments, from a Philippine Airlines executive, who was quoted as saying "it is not unusual for our passengers to carry parachutes".
    Nice to see the executive has faith in the airline.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBoyScout
    The following day according to police, "The hijackers body when found was imbedded in the ground feet first. Only his hands protruded." The chute was a kilometer away. No money was found.
    oh...my....god.... wow, I guess it's not the fall that kills you, but the ground.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12