+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Tooth: Best Candy

marybeth, i think you are my sister and we were separated at birth... your lists of faves could be my lists.

OMG there are NOT white chocolate reeses!!???!!!! i'm in so much trouble. white chocolate is my fave!

and MARATHON bars were my fave!!!! i have missed them so much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Try this website for candy you can't seem to find anymore (Remember Marathon bars - those braided caramel things?)

http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/
    i searched and couldn't find marathon bars.

and i totally forgot one of my all time favorite candy bars.

i LOVE paydays.... peanuts - caramel- sugary salty sweetness.

How about a nostalgic look at Candy? What were some of your favorites growing up?

1. Candy necklaces - Our necks would be all sticky from eating pieces off with the string of candy left.

2. Jaw Breakers - You would suck on them and DARE someone to try and chew.

3. FunDip - Packet of KoolAid type powder with a white candy stick to scoop up into your mouth.

4. Lemonheads - Sooooooo Sour!!

5. Sugar Babies - I think they were chocolate covered caramels in little balls.

Back in the day, we could have .50 and get a whole little bag of candy. *sigh* The good ole days lol
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Sepia! It's like I just got into a time machine. It's a Saturday morning in 1979, and I just got my allowance - $0.25! My best friend and I headed straight to the drugstore on the corner and were ALL about the FunDip.

Also, fast forward about 10 years. I started dating this boy, but he couldn't kiss worth a damn. So we used Lemonheads as a teaching tool. (Think about it.) It was actually pretty cute. I have fond memories of Lemonheads now.

And don't think I wouldn't still wear a candy necklace.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=grantaire02]

But am always a sucker for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (love chocolate and peanut butter! mmmm!)

I also like peanut butter Twix.....mmmmm

I try to stick to the swedish fish, Dots, sour patch kids...but it usually doesn't work and I end up eating chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    you can get the velvet crumble things at jason's deli, i noticed. feifer likes those things... and the seafoam stuff.
    The first time I ever had Velvet Crumble was in 1992. A girl I worked with brought two large bags filled with VC from Australia. They were so yummy and I could not find them anywhere at the time. I stumbled on some similar stuff at Marrow's Nut House. That is the seafoam stuff.

I love Lindtz(sp?)/Lindor truffles. The easiest ones to find are milk chocolate. I really love the white chocolate ones best. It is a good thing I can not find them as easily.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    POP ROCKS! But didn't Mikey from the Life Cereal commercial die eating those? OH...that's where the urban legend began.

I didn't see Marathon bars on that site either - I just remembered them while typing "nostalgic candy"

and White Reese's (they have a dark version too!) are to DIE for!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Does anyone remember Bonkers?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    marybeth, i think you are my sister and we were separated at birth... your lists of faves could be my lists.

OMG there are NOT white chocolate reeses!!???!!!! i'm in so much trouble. white chocolate is my fave!

and MARATHON bars were my fave!!!! i have missed them so much!!!!
    Hey Sher (or sister Sher!)

Look... http://www.groovycandies.com/NewCand...ndyNumber=4368

I remember my brother had a stale Marathon bar (red wrapper!). I think it was the late 70's, I was not more than 10. He sent the stale one to M&M/Mars and then sent us a CASE of candy. Now they send coupons.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh Man -- I loved the FunDip. I remember sitting around with my friends and we'd empty our FunDip package into miniature teacups and "dip" our sugary treat in style -- much more sophisticated than all the other 7-year olds on the block.

I also used to love getting Jujubes and Jujy Fruits when I'd go to the movies. I fear if I tried eathing that now, I'd end up pulling out several teeth.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread