+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom Drowns 2 Daughters then Kills Self

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Good one Perc..

I wonder where the people around this woman were.Could they not see how depressed she was, and take action?Like that other woman that killed her 5 kids- everyone around her knew what kind of shape she was in. Stupid Waste

LG.
    lab tech, I certainly remember Susan Smith and how she drowned her two young sons (Michael and Alex, as I recall), but I had not heard that she'd had another baby. Yuck, so she doesn't deserve kids. I picture her completely fake news conference where she pleaded for the return of her boys from the carjacker and I want to rip her head off.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I picture her completely fake news conference where she pleaded for the return of her boys from the carjacker and I want to rip her head off.
    I'm sure there was (and still would be) a line forming LG!
    I also had not heard about the new baby. Un-b-BLEEPING-lievable!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

PKeeper
    It's so sad that people like her can produce children when others who would be far better parents struggle.
    I couldn't agree more. Our three boys are all adopted. It is amazing to think of all the screening and redtape one must go through during this process, regardless of how many times you've been through it. But outside of adoption, what are the qualifications? ... exactly.

There's a classic line in the movie "Parenthood" that's stuck with me over the years: "You need a license to catch a fish, but they'll let any butt-reamin' a**hole be a father." The three women in this thread confirm the same statement is true of any parent. It's so sad.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by fluff
    It's so sad that people like her can produce children when others who would be far better parents struggle.
    God, Fluff, I couldn't agree with you more.

Princess
    It is amazing to think of all the screening and redtape one must go through during this process, regardless of how many times you've been through it.
    Have thought about that too PKeeper, but unfortunately that's the way it seems to have to be for many reasons.

I wonder where the people around this woman were.Could they not see how depressed she was, and take action?
    Yep - that's a good question, eny, but what kind of action...? I suppose they couldn't ever imagine what she would do (who could?).

I was thinking about that Modesty. Even if the people around her thought she was stressed, would any one really think she were capable of this? I am going to go ahead and make an assumption here. It seems to me that people who beat their kids have anger issues (obviously), but the ones who would seem normal, then kill the kids don't have the typical outward signs of anger or depression.
    The whole situation is unbeliveable though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It's just so wrong. And so very sad. How people like Susan Smith, Andrea Yates and this woman could have ever been considered 'mothers' makes me sad.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12