+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma Revisited: Large Passengers on Planes

It's AA that has the extended room.

And if you're in the Midwest, then Midwest Express is consistently ranked the best of all airlines. They have all "first class" seats. 4 leather seats per row, and first class, good meals.

it's amazing how much of a difference that the 6" of extra leg room provided by AA actually makes in one's level of comfort, isn't it?

Princess
    John, I had no idea! So, it seems that it can be economically sound to make more space for everyone! Nice....!

Every airline should do the "MIdwest Express" thing.

If it were expected, then it would beeeeeee! OK. ok! wishful thinking.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I was on a plane from Brisbane to Sydney and the middle seat was split in two. It had two seatbelts and two mini-trays and everything. They put the, um, big people in those seats so they can have the half of the middle for um, their extra baggage.

(The guy sitting in the aisle was really cute, and we talked basically the whole flight....)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Modesty:(Were you in Iran durin the Shah or the Ayatolla period? Just out of my curiosity )
    During the Shah's reign, before the country got sent back 200 years. The Iranian people were wonderful to us. It pains me to see how relations between our countries have deteriorated over the last 25 years.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Midwest Express is usually the only way we fly. In fact, we took a 3 1/2 hour layover in Milwaukee on our way to Denver rather than a direct flight on United. I just prefer that airline for MANY reasons...the seats only being a small one.

I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem, but I do feel strongly about one thing.

The one person who should not have to suffer is just the average passenger like this poor lady who was injured. When you pay for a seat on a plane you pay for the whole seat. It is the airlines responsibility to make sure that you get your seat that you paid for -- whatever solution that means is something I don't have the answer for.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Did I mention the guy I sat next to was REALLY CUTE?

That was on Qantas. I haven't seen a seat like that on Air Canada, not that Air Canada would know quality service if it bit them on the ass.

Which is coincidentally what Air Canada does to it's passengers. Oh, have a nice trip, we've even renamed the commonfolk seats to "Hospitality Class", like thats fooling anyone, but don't expect our staff to go out of their way to give you anything. you want the whooooooole can of coke? Pshaw! Yeah right! You want enough meals for everyone, you say? You say, fish is gross! Just because I'm in row 70 000 000 doesn't mean I should be stuck with the scabby gray fish when those people up at the front get tasty tasty beef! Grr.

Princess
    Just because I'm in row 70 000 000 doesn't mean I should be stuck with the scabby gray fish when those people up at the front get tasty tasty beef! Grr.
    - and ITA!!!

PS: duckgirl - your new av is freaking me out!
    PPS: what did he look like - that guy, in the aisle,...??

Deleted

I reserve the right to kill my post..lest it be deemed offensive (mildly).

Last edited by Perc; 10-23-2002 at 08:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast