+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What magazines do you subscribe to?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I think, if memory serves, they have a few issues that are double-sized and serve for two weeks. I think 40 issues is almost a year's subscription.

I say go for it..and be on even more junk mail lists...
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    I say go for it..and be on even more junk mail lists...
    Well I have gotten most of these subscriptions for free, but here is my list.

Antiques
    Art in America
    Automobile
    Backpacker
    Bait
    Bicycling
    Blender
    Budget Living
    Car and Driver
    Computer Games
    Computer Gaming World
    Computer Shopper
    Cosmo Girl
    Details
    Digital Life
    Digital Photography
    Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Elle Girl
    Elle Décor
    Esquire Magazine
    FHM
    Field & Stream
    Game Informer
    Game Now
    Gamepro
    Gear
    Golf Magazine
    GPS World
    Home Magazine
    Inc
    Interview
    Kiplinger's Personal Finance
    Latina
    LOB
    Los Angeles Magazine
    Maxim
    Maximum PC
    Men's Journal
    Mobile Entertainment
    Movieline
    New York
    Outdoor Photographer
    Outside
    Parents
    PC Photo
    Popular Photography & Imaging
    Razor
    Rolling Stone
    Seventeen
    Sex Health
    Shape
    Ski Magazine
    Stuff
    Teen People
    Teen Vogue
    The Source
    The Sporting News
    The Week
    This Old House
    Travel America
    Workbench
    Worth
    XBN (Xbox Nation)
    YM

The sad thing is, is that I don't have much time to read them, so I have literally 500 magazines from Feb 2003 on forward, that are sitting in piles waiting to be read. The teen magazines, I give to my friends 2 daughters. No really!

Chris

FORT Fogey
    Seattle Seahawks, LC. Yes, I know. There are programs to help people like me.

BTW, I got an offer last night to subscribe to Entertainment Weekly again. $20 for 40 issues AND they'll throw in periodic free movie passes for me and a guest. It's some sort of "Professional Courtesy" offer. Now...I don't know what kind of professional they think I am, but I am sorely tempted to renew my subscription. I love the magazine, but (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) I compulsively read it cover-to-cover when I subscribed before, and it carved into my book-reading time. But that's an incredible deal.

Argh! What should I do?
    Hehe, no one's abbreviated my name LC yet. Sounds cool.

LOL, I wouldn't worry, I think the Seahawks are gonna be pretty decent this year. Are you from Seattle? Cuz then you're just being loyal to your team.

Wow! Great great deal. You have to pay...50 cents an issue??? Go for it! You don't have to read it cover to cover, but just the stuff that's really interesting...is your wife into EW at all? If so, she could read them too, and then it's like 25 cents an issue. I think this is a great deal! Especially if you have time to read them.

My wife's not really into EW, no. BUT you gave me an idea. Maybe I could have her read the magazine TO me while I lay on the couch or something. Then we could both get some enjoyment out of it!

BTW, I'm not from Seattle. I just sort of adopted all the Seattle teams. The Seahawks were my first adoption. I always thought the little bird guy on the helmet looked cool.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

You may already know this, but for those of you interested in getting cheap magazine subscriptions, this website http://magazinevalues.com/ has 56 magazines at $3.33 ea.

Chris

FORT Fogey
    My wife's not really into EW, no. BUT you gave me an idea. Maybe I could have her read the magazine TO me while I lay on the couch or something. Then we could both get some enjoyment out of it!

BTW, I'm not from Seattle. I just sort of adopted all the Seattle teams. The Seahawks were my first adoption. I always thought the little bird guy on the helmet looked cool.
    Woo, go me! I helped give you an idea. I always feel cool when I can give people ideas. Usually, it's always me getting ideas from everyone else.

Paulie, have you seen the mascot for the Seahawks? He's really a funny guy! He's this bird guy too. One day when some team made a field goal to win the game, he fell over like he fainted.

I currently subscribe to GQ (Well, ooh-la-la!), Redmond (formerly MCP for Microsoft Certified Professionals) and PC World. J. subscribes to People and Redbook. I read People occasionally; I don't bother with the Redbook.

Subscriptions I've let lapse: Details, Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, Premiere, Esquire.

On occasion, I also buy and read Men's Journal, Maximum PC, PC Gamer, Cigar Aficionado, Architectural Digest, Conde Nast Traveler, Birmingham, and, yes, I'm not ashamed to admit I read Star Trek, Wizard and even some of the glossy tabloids. (Hey, so long as I don't watch Access Hollywood or ET, I need something to keep me informed for some of the threads on this board.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Phat, diggin at old threads over the holiday weekend huh?
    I feel like a subscribe-a-holic till I read threads like this My coffee table is starting to overflow with stuff that I've read already, and every week there's more on the way. I'm currently at 7 subscriptions so that I stay away from buying things at newsstand prices that kill me. What shows up in my mailbox...Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Marie Claire, Figure, Jane, TV Guide, and most currently added is Glamour.
    Last edited by libra1022; 12-28-2004 at 02:11 AM.

I love it when old threads get resurrected

We currently receive Discover (love it - read it cover to cover ), Wired, Adirondack Life (naturally - the photography is incredible: you can view some of it at www.adirondacklife.com), Ski, National Geographic, Highlights (kids, remember those hidden pictures??) and Ranger Rick (kids' nature magazine).
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The only ones I subscribe to at the moment are tv week and Macleans.

+ Reply to Thread