+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What magazines do you subscribe to?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I didn't even know there was a Flutist Quarterly magazine. What do they talk about in there? Are there pictures? Does it have glossy pages? I'm actually not being sarcastic or facetious. I'm genuinely curious.
    Base to Greenie. Base to Greenie. Come in, please! Do you read me? *eee-ooorrr-eee-euurrr* Base to Greenie. Come in!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Doh! I'm so sorry Paulie. I totally read that and then got some phone call or something and ended up forgetting about it.

Anyway . . . The Flutist Quarterly is a magazine you get when you join the National Flute Association. Yes, I'm a dork. And yes there's a convention. Anyway . . .it's a very good publication with glossy pages and has articles on flutists, flute music, flutes, technique, etc.

I hoped that answered your question. I can't believe I didn't answer sooner, especially with you being so darn cute.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenflute98
    Anyway . . . The Flutist Quarterly is a magazine you get when you join the National Flute Association. Yes, I'm a dork. And yes there's a convention.
    Ahhhh...to be a fly on the wall at that convention... Seriously, you're no dork, greenflute, if only I could play an instrument well enough to understand and take tips from an esteemed trade magazine, etc. Ahhh...but my is for now. Kudos to you!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Handyman, This Old House, Country Home, Better Homes and Gardens.
    Martha Stewart Living Food.

I think that is it right now. I like do-it-yourself around the house and garden stuff obviously

Quote Originally Posted by greenflute98
    I hoped that answered your question. I can't believe I didn't answer sooner, especially with you being so darn cute.
    !!! Yep, that answered my question. Thanks.

And I don't think you're a dork, either. I think it's great that you're so talented with your musical instrument. I used to play the clarinet, but I doubt I could even make it squeak anymore. My wife was a flutist in high school. For whatever that's worth.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Yeah it is cool, but you know. . . I had to live down the whole band geek thing in high school. I did a good job of keeping it on the downlow. It's my talent, what am I gonna do.

And then along came American Pie, and suddenly being a flutist in the band was cool again.

Ummmm yeah. Don't remind people of that, I don't need people getting any ideas.

I think I've got 'em all down, between the two of us:

Gourmet
    Cooks Illustrated
    Archaeology
    National Geographic
    Road and Track
    Pacific Yachting
    Private Pilot
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

One time, at band camp...

(Yes, I'm a big ol' dork who just saw American Pie for the first time about 3 weeks ago)

+ Reply to Thread