+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What magazines do you subscribe to?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I subscribe to TV Guide, Biography, Entertainment Weekly and Readers' Digest. I also read Time, Newsweek, People, US, US News and World Report, Smithsonian, Discover, Woman's Day, Timeline, Taste of Home, CrossStitch and Ohio Magazine. I get those from the library. We get magazines from AAA, VFW, Eagles, AARP and bowling because we belong. I don't always read them, although lately the AARP magazine is getting better articles. When we are at my daughter's house I get the chance to read the funnies in Playboy. I'll look at the pictures, but there isn't much interest in those on my part. (I can't say the same for Mr. Gracie.) I also subscribe to two newspapers, one local and one so I can find out what's going on.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

My roomie and I currently subscribe to one magazine each.

She: Rolling Stone
    What can I say - the girl wants to be a rock journalist. Coldplay, The Vines, and all that. I can't count the number of times she's forced me to watch "Almost Famous" w/ her.

Me: The Economist
    Insightful analysis of world events. Doesn't treat its readers like idiots (unlike USA Today.) So go ahead, scorn me because I'm nebbish.

I always pilfer my friend's copies of National Geographic when he's done w/ them. I figure, if this whole "win-the-Pulitzer-and-write-for-the-New-Yorker" thing doesn't pan out (ha!), I can always work as a journalist for the NG, travel to all those exotic locales, and amass plenty of hairy tales to impress guys with.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, here goes

T.V. Guide
    Readers Digest
    Fate
    Alternative Medicine
    Realms of Fantasy
    Asimov's Science Fiction

These are the ones that my mom gets, but I read 'em anyway cuz they just lie around the house...

People
    US Weekly
    Time
    TV Guide, of course

My main one is Buffy Magazine. When the Angel Magazine hits shelves, I'll definitely subscribe to that one too! I used to get Mad Magazine for a while but not anymore.

I didn't even know there was a Flutist Quarterly magazine. What do they talk about in there? Are there pictures? Does it have glossy pages? I'm actually not being sarcastic or facetious. I'm genuinely curious.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Typical MAN-CHILD, MAXIM,FHM,STUFF, GEAR. With these mag-rags little leaves more to the imagination......

Magazines are a great pick-me-up in a mailbox full of bills, so I subscribe to:

Reader's Digest
    Real Simple
    Maxim
    Sunset
    Bon Appetit
    National Geographic
    Time
    Consumer Reports
    The Kiplinger Letter
    SHRM's HR publication
    HR Executive

I'm lucky to be a "fast" reader--sometimes I pore over particular articles but at the very least scan each mag from cover to cover. I like to read them when I'm eating dinner.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    We get a lot of magazines in this casa!

ME: Vogue (Ive been reading it since age 11)
    US weekly ( I love this mag)
    Instyle
    Self
    Smithsonian
    Glamour
    National Geographic
    Latina
    Home

HIm: Road and Track
    Sports Illistrated
    Autoweek
    Guns and Ammo
    Longboarding
    Surfer

Way to many magazines!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

If I did have magazine subscriptions they would be:

US News & World Report
    Entertainment Weekly
    FilmMaker Magazine
    Cosmo (good, girly trash)

My brothers and I are each subscribed to same exact surf magazines because we used to just to get one copy and when any of them would come in the mail, all 5 of us would tear each other apart trying to get it. My parents solved it by forcing us each to order our own magazines.

If you name a well-known magazine, my family is most likely subscribed to it. I know we get People, Us Weekly, Time, Newsweek, Vogue, Us News, In Touch, etc. but I never see them because the other 6 people in my family always seem to find them before I do. So if I ever want an article I like in a current magazine, I'll just go out and buy it because it saves me the aggrivation of searching everywhere for it. E.g. I know we get Rolling Stone but I searched the entire house looking for the one with Clay on the cover and couldn't find it so I solved the problem by going out and buying it. I've learned I can save a whole lot of my time and energy by doing that.
    *Lacey

+ Reply to Thread