+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: What magazines do you subscribe to?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    I tried the subscription thing... the stores would have them first and I would buy them and then I would have two for no reason and it ended up costing me more. .

I'm a magazine junkie. I read Us Weekly, In Touch, People and Women's World on a weekly basis. Entertainment Weekly is my favourite weekly magazine.
    Monthlies: Vanity Fair, Atlantic Monthly, Marie Claire (American & British), Glamour (American & British), Vogue (American, sometimes British), Reader's Digest (excellent on the bus or for reading while waiting for an appointment).

I used to read Sassy & I do read Jane now but lately it has gotten worse (really cheap, too-short articles).

I read Rolling Stone on occasion but I haven't seen it around lately. And I've looked.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-29-2004 at 06:38 PM.

Aww, CCL, I love your avatar! I was hoping that Dawn would lose that zero and get with the hero.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I am also a major magazine junkie! I subscribe to US Weekly, Real Simple, Everyday Food, Cooks Illustrated, National Geographic, and Jane Magazine. At the end of the year I am giving up Jane and National Geographic, I just don't have time to read them!

We were in Denver over Christmas and my sister was admitted to the hospital the day we got there, and will be there until she delivers my nephew early. She just completed her 29th week.

Anyway, we went to Tattered Cover, the book store, and we were trying to decide what to buy her in the way of magazines. She's always been the fashion conscious in the family, 5'1", 100 or so pounds, cheerleader, sorority girl, popular, etc. Now pregnant at 36. Her best friend has sent her parenting magazines, but until she delivers and 'Pip' comes home, that doesn't apply.

Any ideas for something to keep her entertained in the hospital?
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

threadjack
    tracylee - "Pip" is that a nickname for the baby until it arrives? Love it. My baby was "Puff" until she was born (and still is, sometimes)
    end threadjack
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    threadjack continuation: My niece is Pippy! When she was born she was just a little pipsqueak, still is in fact, that is her nickname and we call her that instead of her name most times.///end threadjack

I subscribe to Jane and USWeekly, that's it. It used to be so many more!!!!
    Could does not mean should

I subscribe to Nickelodeon, Seventeen, and Disney Adventure. Oh, and People. Nickelodeon and Disney are a little out of place, I know, but me and my lil sis enjoy reading them....

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    We were in Denver over Christmas and my sister was admitted to the hospital the day we got there, and will be there until she delivers my nephew early. She just completed her 29th week.

Anyway, we went to Tattered Cover, the book store, and we were trying to decide what to buy her in the way of magazines. She's always been the fashion conscious in the family, 5'1", 100 or so pounds, cheerleader, sorority girl, popular, etc. Now pregnant at 36. Her best friend has sent her parenting magazines, but until she delivers and 'Pip' comes home, that doesn't apply.

Any ideas for something to keep her entertained in the hospital?
    I'm thinking In Style (fashion, parties, celebs - generally quite thick so good value for money) and Marie Claire (fashion, interesting articles - but check that they don't have any sad ones about children. That would not be wanted reading at this point!). For light browsing/reading you can't really go wrong with US or People (plus they come out every week so there's always a new one).
    Hope your sister & "Pip" are doing well!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I don't subscribe to any magazines.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I don't subscribe to any magazines.
    This post cracked me up Jewels.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread