+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I'm such a sucker for infomercials

FORT Fogey
    I recently bought the Trikke off the infomercial and I love it! It is very fun to go around the neighborhood w/my daughter on her scooter!

I ordered NAD's hair remover one night a loooong long time ago. They added so many extra charges to my credit card that I cancelled it. Is just gloppy body sugar anyway. I'm going to save up and have laser hair removal on my legs and underarms. bleah I'm sick of shaving
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I am not into infomercials, but I am happy that my in-laws sometimes buy us new gadgets that actually work well.

However, I am sucker to buy (a lot of )something if I am invited/forced to some Tupperware or similar party. I have bought for example dead sea mud mask (used once), plastic Tupperware rolling pin (after first use I lost the cap to one end to keep warm water in) and whatnot from such occasions. I know I should not get anything if I do not feel I absolutely need it (before I see it at the party), but it's all for some good cause usually...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i have never bought anything from an infomercial- though that damn Bow-Flex intrigues me... too bad it costs like 2 mortgage payments... (yours for the incredibly low price of $40 a month for the next 60 months)

i have rec'd as a gift the Foreman grill- it was sure easy to cook with, but given my fear of salmonella- i didnt like to cook with it too much b/c the chicken never looked completely cooked...

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I have a sick fantasy to have a minor character in a book, like some crazy aunt, who has every infomecial item you can imagine in her house and uses them all. Which would be the real kicker to see someone actually using them all every day in their homes!
    Well, FG, my crazy Aunt is the one that buys me and all of my brothers just about every crazy info-mercial device/thingy out there as Christmas gifts. One year we all got the Egg-wave and the Health Grill. Last year it was the Perfect Pancake pan(which has got to be the silliest thing ever because the lid/top thing doesnt get hot until you flip it!). I have the turbo chopper, the onion blossom thingy, and that frying pan with the raised opening in the middle that is supposed to "hot air fry" things to a golden crisp. NOT!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I have a sick fantasy to have a minor character in a book, like some crazy aunt, who has every infomecial item you can imagine in her house and uses them all. Which would be the real kicker to see someone actually using them all every day in their homes!
    Heh heh...there IS a character in a book who does this - she orders everything in sight off a home shopping channel, although she doesn't necessarily use everything she buys.

The book is called "The Seasons of Her Life" by Fern Michaels. Definitely not great literature to be sure, but when you're stuck with the grandparents who won't loan you their car (you're not on the insurance dear!) then you take what you can get!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    best info-product ever: the hair towel wrap thingie with the rubber band in the back. Also the battery operated manicure sets are good.

Look out here I come!!!! jodimax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    Have any of you ordered something from infommercials, those catalogs in the mail, or home shopping networks? If so, what was it? And was it good or was it junk?

I ordered the "ab-roller" before. It is the one where you get on your knees and you roll it forwards and backwards. The best thing about this contraption is no neck strain like the other stuff. The problem is, you have to do it on a regular basis for it to work, lol. That thing is some place in my closet somewhere, but it did work when I actually used it, LOL.
    I had bought some AB machine I can't remember the name of it but you put your arms on the sides of it and push it into you stomach or push your stomach against it-- either way my daughter uses it as a "spaceship" that her barbies to fly around on now. (Which looks pretty convincing..)

GREAT Spaceship
    BAD Tummy flattener.....

Do you watch infomercials?

I must say it is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I have no idea why. I am not a fan of the jewelry and clothing but if there are some cool gadgets or electronics I am there.

I must amit I do watch QVC sometimes and even HSN or Shop At Home. I would never buy anything, but I just love watching them.

Do anyone else watch and get sucked in? Care to share any expiences?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    [QUOTE=Shazzer]Then have you seen the infamous pepper mill that Sarah from the old "Cooking Live" show had? The wood-grain pepper mill? They're hand-made by one guy down south, and apparently there's a waiting list 1,000 plus people long. [QUOTE]

I heard recently that his waiting list got so long he has since stopped taking orders. No more pepper mills.
    :frown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345