+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm such a sucker for infomercials

Okay, I had to think back. Once I bought these hair twisty thingies that were supposed to tramsform your hair into these creative hair styles. I have long hair and by the time I got this puffy looking shoehorn into my hair, I looked like Marge Simpson (minus the blue)

Remind me not to buy stuff on TV at 3am again!
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fogey
    I have a sick fantasy to have a minor character in a book, like some crazy aunt, who has every infomecial item you can imagine in her house and uses them all. Which would be the real kicker to see someone actually using them all every day in their homes!

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    one night at about 2am i was up watching infomercials. i was pms-ing and bloated and richard simmon's food mover infomercial came on. so yeah, i bought it. and it was kinda cool.... but by the time i got it i was no longer bloated, so it seemed a little crazy. damn pms!!

however, there was a delicious recipe for taco soup in the free cookbook they threw in for me.
    I bought the food mover, too. It is amazing how well it doesn't work when you don't use it. It came with two great workout videos, though. He may be obnoxious, but I love Richard Simmons.

What I wanna know is has anyone EVER seen, used or BOUGHT the FLOWBEE? That was the funiest thing I have even seen in an infomercial.

*its the hair cutting attachment you use with your vacuum*

Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    What I wanna know is has anyone EVER seen, used or BOUGHT the FLOWBEE? That was the funiest thing I have even seen in an infomercial.

*its the hair cutting attachment you use with your vacuum*

My uncle did! He used to cut his kids' hair with it. When we all got together for family reuinions, I would say to my cousins, "Wow new do'. Did your dad use that d*mn flowbee on ya again?"

He used to cut his own hair... it was a bloody riot!

A few yearrs ago I got suckered into the stained glass kit off the TV.You know the one ,you paint your glasses different colours.put them in the oven and VOILA! instant coloured glass.No big deal.
    Last edited by jules77; 07-17-2003 at 01:02 PM.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Infommercials/catalogs/shop networks

Have any of you ordered something from infommercials, those catalogs in the mail, or home shopping networks? If so, what was it? And was it good or was it junk?

I ordered the "ab-roller" before. It is the one where you get on your knees and you roll it forwards and backwards. The best thing about this contraption is no neck strain like the other stuff. The problem is, you have to do it on a regular basis for it to work, lol. That thing is some place in my closet somewhere, but it did work when I actually used it, LOL.
    Last edited by tv_is_fake; 10-15-2003 at 08:31 AM.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I will admit im fascinated with HSN and QVC I dont know why. Just watching them hawk their wares...lol Its fun to watch. Drive my hubby INSANE. Especially if its Marilyn Miglin selling her perfume...he says its all crap. I just love watching them come up with all these adjectives to convince you how wonderful it is....
    ANyhow I have curly hair and I bought this curly hair stuff from QVC, Nick Chavez was selling it. It is amazing!!!! I love it. So now I order it regularly!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

We were in a "AS SEEN ON TV" outlet store once and they had that plunger that blasts air down the pipes. We had a horrible problem sink at the time and figured we'd give it a try. It worked GREAT! Just one push and *BAM*, no more clog. Loved it, but then we ran out of canisters and moved, so we didn't order more.

I also tried that Epilstop hair remover after they started carrying it at Walmart and I thought it was crap. I don't think it worked on me at all.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    We were in a "AS SEEN ON TV" outlet store once and they had that plunger that blasts air down the pipes. We had a horrible problem sink at the time and figured we'd give it a try. It worked GREAT! Just one push and *BAM*, no more clog. Loved it, but then we ran out of canisters and moved, so we didn't order more.
    I sure could use one for my bathroom sink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast