+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm such a sucker for infomercials

Oh no, I just ordered the Youthful Essence because it looked like it was good. They said it worked. I'm so embarrased.

So dvm, did you tried it for a month, and you didn't see any results? Let me know, so I can return it as soon as it arrives.

Roomba would go on strike in my house from the dog hair.

But I hear they're neat little machines, if you don't have pets who threaten to pee on the carpet every time you even go near the closet where the vacuum is kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Holy cow! I've been wondering what kind of knife that was since I started watching the show. It always looks like white plastic, and I thought, "that can't be. What the h*ll is that thing?" You are talking about that white knife he always uses, right?
    yepper thats what I am talking about, except mine is black, which is supposed to be a harder ceramic that will hold the edge longer. My problem is not infomercials that much, its seeing people using stuff on Food network and home improvement shows that make me want to spend money and get that new toy
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    I just ordered the bare essentials/minerals makeup so I will let you gals know how it works.. I haven't mentioned it yet to my dermatologist boyfriend.. he will crack up I am sure..!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Oh no, I just ordered the Youthful Essence because it looked like it was good. They said it worked. I'm so embarrased.

So dvm, did you tried it for a month, and you didn't see any results? Let me know, so I can return it as soon as it arrives.
    Wolf,

I wasn't too keen on the smell of the product. I've never had a micro-dermabrasion to be able to describe accurately how it works. Basically, it's equivalent to vigorously rubbing grains of sand on your face. When you get the product, you'll see that the jar of moisturizer is much smaller than portrayed on tv. The applicator is basically, a vibrator attached to a big round makeup sponge. After trying it a couple times, I thought the results were pretty good, but the contraption is silly as hell! Unfortunately, the results are no different from simple exfoliation with cheap drugstore brands like St. Ives Apricot Scrub.

Mud masks, believe it or not work better, than this product. My face actually feels smoother from a single application of a $3 jar of any dead sea mud mask than this sand paper contraption!

Wow thanks...you just saved me a bundle! I think a little salt on the wash cloth gets rid of dead skin and it is sterile too!
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    yepper thats what I am talking about, except mine is black, which is supposed to be a harder ceramic that will hold the edge longer. My problem is not infomercials that much, its seeing people using stuff on Food network and home improvement shows that make me want to spend money and get that new toy
    Then have you seen the infamous pepper mill that Sarah from the old "Cooking Live" show had? The wood-grain pepper mill? They're hand-made by one guy down south, and apparently there's a waiting list 1,000 plus people long. (By the way, I thought he used that knife partly because it won't wilt/blacken lettuce if you use it to chop veggies).

To all the bare essentials ladies (and beauty product buyers), you need to get the book, "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me". She's done the research, and she'll tell you what's junk, what cheap equivalent to buy that's just as good, etc. etc.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I bought the Susan Lucci Youthful Essence which is basically like rubbing sandpaper on your face ... oh come on, Erica Cane is GORGEOUS and her skin is beautiful... at least that was my reasoning at POP
    man I always thought Susan Lucci was and still is a babe!!!!!

one night at about 2am i was up watching infomercials. i was pms-ing and bloated and richard simmon's food mover infomercial came on. so yeah, i bought it. and it was kinda cool.... but by the time i got it i was no longer bloated, so it seemed a little crazy. damn pms!!

however, there was a delicious recipe for taco soup in the free cookbook they threw in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Then have you seen the infamous pepper mill that Sarah from the old "Cooking Live" show had? The wood-grain pepper mill? They're hand-made by one guy down south, and apparently there's a waiting list 1,000 plus people long. (By the way, I thought he used that knife partly because it won't wilt/blacken lettuce if you use it to chop veggies).

I want to get a motorized pepper mill, but I don't hardly ever use salt and pepper on food. And the ceramic knife is not supposed to make lettuce wilt or blacken. That and for cutting apples and other stuff.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast