+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm such a sucker for infomercials

FORT Fogey
    MY goodness I LOVE infomercials!!!! I will watch them all day long if i had to. Yeah, I'm weird like that. In fact, after watching the infomercial for the Miracle Blade Perfection Series, I could not stop talking about it until my parents finally bought me one as a joke. And hey guess what? They arent that good!!!! but that won't stop me!!!

I LOVE the home shopping network also. I haven't bought anything but I would!!! They're just so convincing.....

I haven't bought anything off of the infomercials, but I did get a ceramic chefs knife off ebay cause Ming Tsai uses one on East Meets West... man that knife is sharp!!! worth the 60 bucks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I will admit it, I bought that laundry folder. It works great on towels, but not much else.
    Oh, I was wondering about that little device.
    Flip flip flip, you've got yourself a nicely folded sweater.. or not apparently
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I haven't bought anything off of the infomercials, but I did get a ceramic chefs knife off ebay cause Ming Tsai uses one on East Meets West... man that knife is sharp!!! worth the 60 bucks.
    Holy cow! I've been wondering what kind of knife that was since I started watching the show. It always looks like white plastic, and I thought, "that can't be. What the h*ll is that thing?" You are talking about that white knife he always uses, right?

I'm a "window shopper" infomercial watcher etc. I write down the phone numbers etc. and then never order it. It sort of stops me.

I did buy a George Foreman grill, but I bought it at Sears (and I love it). I'd say over the last ten years, I've maybe purchased about 7 things via infomercials or otherwise. I think writing it down helps me to never buy anything.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    MY goodness I LOVE infomercials!!!! I will watch them all day long if i had to. Yeah, I'm weird like that. In fact, after watching the infomercial for the Miracle Blade Perfection Series, I could not stop talking about it until my parents finally bought me one as a joke. And hey guess what? They arent that good!!!! but that won't stop me!!!
    I bought the Miracle Blades about 10 years ago, when their infomercials first came out. Best darned knives I've ever owned. They're still as sharp as ever.

I bet you got a bad bunch.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

My aunt bought those knives from Chef Tony. She never uses them, but they sure are purty!

I've heard with that FoodSaver, as long as you don't plan to save money with it, it's a decent device. Paying $80 or so for the unit, and having to buy new bags every once in a while, it's almost impossible to get a savings... But it does a good job with leftover storage and stuff.

I can't believe that I forgot this one. I've been DYING for a Steambuggy forever. I want to sterilize every surface in my house with it, even those that don't need it. Any of you have this engineering marvel, this beautiful technological wonder?

If you have it and it sucks, you're going to shatter all my hopes and dreams.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    I bought the Miracle Blades about 10 years ago, when their infomercials first came out. Best darned knives I've ever owned. They're still as sharp as ever.

I bet you got a bad bunch.
    Yeah I think so... I beleive they have the potential to be good, but mine are actually starting to rust a little.. oh well!!!

Dang it, and i payed my not three, not two, but only one payment of 39.95 and I ordered within thirty minutes, therefore I recieved an additional All-Purpose Slicer and a juicer with my order. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Oh, I was wondering about that little device.
    Flip flip flip, you've got yourself a nicely folded sweater.. or not apparently
    Sorry I had to burst your bubble, Fluff.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I bought the Susan Lucci Youthful Essence which is basically like rubbing sandpaper on your face ... oh come on, Erica Cane is GORGEOUS and her skin is beautiful... at least that was my reasoning at POP

I dated someone who bought the Ron Popeil Pasta maker... which actually turned out to be all that and a bag of chips... but is noisy as hell.

AND I just bought the Roomba vacuum at brookstone, but haven't tried it yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast