+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand...

I don't understand...

This thread's purpose is to confess things you don't know how to do, things you can't see the purpose of, things you just don't understand!

I'll start by saying that I don't understand football!!! I love every sport on earth but this one I just don't get!!!

Your turn!

I don't understand golf. It seems boring to me. But I love miniature golf...go figure.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I don't understand why everytime I go into a grocery store there is an old woman ahead of me in the express line who wants to argue about the price on a can of tuna for fifteen minutes.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I don't understand why all of the security guards in the local mall know all of my friends by name... maybe I need new friends...

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I dont' understand golf too. There are just two many holes.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I don't understand why I'm wide awake at 6 a.m. on a Saturday, for starters.

I don't understand why my cat is so deathly afraid of ceiling fans that if he even so much as catches a glimpse of the wind barely making one turn, he'll be hiding behind the stove for 3 days.

I don't understand what it is about Clay Aiken that has people in such a tizzy. (There, I said it.) I KNOW that the boy can sing his little heart out, and he *does* seem like a nice, genuine guy, but I can't understand how his thread in the AI Forum still gets about a zillion posts a day.

I don't understand most poetry. Along that same vein, I don't understand a lot of modern art. I went to a gallery once that showcased a plexiglass box divided into ten sections, each with chewed chewing gum inside. I'm sorry, no number of Art History or Art Theory courses will convince me that was art.

Did I mention that I don't understand why I'm awake right now?

Edit: I thought of more. I don't understand why I can be SO careful, but I still can't manage to do a decent French manicure on myself. My hand-eye coordination isn't bad. I'm patient and take a good long time to do it right. I use decent quality products to do it. All this, and I still look like I let a six year old manicurist have at my nails.

I don't understand why a watched coffee pot never finishes brewing.

I don't understand the movie "Tron". Well, no. I understand the movie itself. I don't understand why my boyfriend wants to watch this piece of crap every time it's on (read: at least once a week). Although this same man has "Wargames" on DVD, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't understand quantum physics as well as I'd like to. I'm serious. Do any of you know much about this? Want to teach me?

I don't understand why men, or at least the men I've had in my life, can't figure out the right way to pick up a room. Yes, I have a lot of knick-knack crap. But how hard is it to organize throw pillows that you see EVERY DAY?

My coffee is still brewing. I don't understand why they don't make coffee IV's.

I don't understand the fascination with the Olsen twins. I don't understand why 35 year old men are counting down to the day they turn 18. That's creepy.

That should just about cover it.
    Last edited by Amanda; 07-12-2003 at 07:23 AM.

ajg, I'm almost always up at 6am. I slept in until 7 today, I think. But I have to mow the lawn and pack...

I don't understand why people think I don't understand that "reality tv is not reality".

I don't understand why, whenever I'm expecting an important phone call, someone else calls at that time to BS or sell me something.

I don't understand anyone under 15.

There are so many other things I don't understand, but my IV came loose, and I need more coffee.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Yay! John doesn't understand me!

I don't understand makeup... it's just going to rub off later...

FORT Fanatic
    I don't understand anyone under 15.
    hehehe, that one put a smile on my face. i don't think i do either. i refuse to admit to anyone that i was ever 15!

and i don't understand football either.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I'll start by saying that I don't understand football!!! I love every sport on earth but this one I just don't get!!!
    Hey, I don't get football either! Nor do I get golf.

I don't understand makeup... it's just going to rub off later...
    True.

I don't understand why the most boring books in the world get huge raves from the book review people.

Just my wonder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast