+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand...

I don't understand why, when I'm a nice guy and wave you through the 4-way-stop, you think counter-waving is acceptable. Just go, you idiot!

FORT Fogey
    I don't understand how Hilary Duff ever thought she could sing.

I don't understand how a TV (or computer for that matter) works.(Hey i'm only 14 give me a break!!!)

I don't understand why pretty (yet stupid) people think they are better than me.

I don't understand how scientists can keep on discovering new things.

I don't understand the movie ,The Matrix. Although I did just watch it and it made a little more sense.

I don't understand hockey

I don't understand why fat people who sue McDonalds think they can win.

I don't understand things like astrology, the chinese calendar thing, um.. palm reading..

I don't understand why people would pay good money (i think it was $500 maybe I'm wrong) for a barbie doll dressed up like a Clay Aiken fan with Clay related toys.

For that matter, I don't understand who would spend their time dressing up a Barbie doll to look like a Clay fan.

I don't understand the male obsession with cars and horse power and speed and all that junk... "It goes from 0-60 in 3.9 seconds!" That actually came up in conversation at dinner tonight.

I don't understand how a car works.

I don't understand how people get liposuction when they are tiny. ( Watch True Life: I'm getting Plastic Surgery on MTV sometime... You'll see what i mean. This one guy got calf implants so he could have the "Total Package")

I don't understand how video games work.

I don't understand how people my age (14) can still mess up the "Your, you're/ their, there, they're" thing. WE LEARNED THAT IN 3RD GRADE!!!! that reallly bugs me.

I don't understand how people can smoke/do drugs/drink and destroy their bodies and potentially kill themselves and others. I just don't get it.

wow i really dont understand too much... oh well I will learn in time

I don't understand hockey
    It's really quite simple. See the po...

Wait. *stops self before she goes off on a tanget*

FORT Fogey
    Hey I don't understand golf, either!

But football? That is thee best sport out there! I live for football! Ladies, come on! Sexy guys in tight pants! Wooooooo! Come on, how can you not understand it?

I don't understand how a 13 year old girl can get pregnant. Like, hello? Wtf are you doing having sex at 13? OMG, pisses me off!

I don't understand why my parents think that because I wanted to date before 16 that that would turn me into a bad person! Pu-leez!

I don't understand the fascination with Clay Aiken either. He's a good singer but I don't find him the least bit attractive.

I don't understand how anyone could love math and science, they're so boring!

I don't understand how everyone tells me I'm so pretty and cute and yet I've never had a boyfriend. Someone PLEASE spread this to the male population, please!

I don't understand how the Freshmen last year thought they ruled the school! Hello, you are Freshmen! Wait 4 years, please! They showed us no respect, whatsoever.

I don't understand how my softball coaches year after year thought we had a great team and that we could go to state. Yeah, we won....2 games this year, 3 last year, and 2 the year before! Wow, we're really good. So I can say I don't understand how we sucked and I still didn't play! Grrrrrrr!

I don't understand how anyone could find Dave Johnson(avatar guy) ugly! So far, I haven't really found anyone who has.

I don't understand how come people are not watching The Amazing Race!

I guess there's a lot of things I don't understand. I bet I can think of more later!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I don't understand how the Freshmen last year thought they ruled the school! Hello, you are Freshmen! Wait 4 years, please! They showed us no respect, whatsoever.
    I really have to 2nd that one. Freshmen were unruly last year at my school too.

This is a great thread.

I don't understand how anyone can like baseball.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This is a really cool link that, for the most part, explains in "real people" words how a lot of the world actually works. I've learned a ton from the book version of the site.
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/

In other news, I don't understand why I'm awake before 7 a.m. again.

Oh, and for pinkie: the way that scientists keep discovering new things goes like this: they hire people like me to spend day after day after day working on little bits of minutiae, while they sit in their offices thinking. I'm totally serious. They (the ones with PhD's and post-doc training) are the idea people, and they have techs (people like me with one measly degree) who carry out the ideas. Very few of them spend any time in a lab themselves. Unless they have no funding, but that's a different story for another time.

And lil_cutie - math is beautiful in its perfection. But I hated it in high school too. I think I might've failed biology in high school, come to think of it. Then I went on to get a degree in it. Give it time, you might learn to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I don't understand how a TV (or computer for that matter) works.(Hey i'm only 14 give me a break!!!)
    Don't feel bad, I am 32 and don't understand how a TV or computer works, either.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    For that matter, I don't understand who would spend their time dressing up a Barbie doll to look like a Clay fan.
    This one is easy. So they can make money off the Barbie collectors that don't have the Clay fan barbie.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I don't understand why they can't have simple scoring rules in tennis. 30-LOVE? Huh?

I don't understand why people can't figure out that using 90.4% of your quota for your Outlook Mailbox does not mean your mailbox is full. Just almost full.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I don't understand basketball, I mean why the big show for slamming a ball into the net? If I did that everytime I finished some simple task at work they would lock me up. Want a reason for a big display? make it full contact karate, Kung fu, pro wrestling basketball. instead of the "he slapped my hand ref, foul!!" b.s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast