+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your typical Friday night

Your typical Friday night

How does your Friday night normally play out? Any weekly rituals?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

The Paulie clan has been having Game Night (TM) on Fridays for something close to six years now. Started when we first moved to Colorado. A co-worker and I got to talking about games, and we wound up going to he and his wife's place that Friday night. We decided to make it a weekly tradition, and we'd alternate whose house we went to. Another couple that they knew joined us early on, and the six of us were the core group. If one couple was out of town or unavailable, the other two would get together. Our first evening of "unchaperoned fun" with the second couple (that we met through the first couple - confused yet? ) was a blast. Turns out the first couple moved away, and we've now been having Game Night (TM) with the second couple longer than the first couple were even part of the original tradition. Since we started, seven different kids have been born into the group (!), and we still have Game Night (TM) every week. The kids come along and sleep at the friends' house and then we whisk them home at midnight or so and plop them into their own beds. It's really helped our kids figure out how to go to sleep anywhere. A new couple has even joined the group now (so we're back to three main couples), and they're hoping to add even more kids to the equation. Crazy. It's been really fun, though. Over the years, we've played everything (including a memorable evening of Twister ) and even made up some great games of our own (the Music Game is sooo addictive! I play it in the car all the time now).

So, uh, anyway, that's where you'll usually find Paulie and the gang on Friday nights.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Friday night is renting a movie with the kids. We let them stay up late and eat popcorn and snuggle down on the couch. If they fall asleep before 11pm. we carry them up to bed. If not; then it is off to bed they go. They are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 so they get a fri afternoon nap just so they can stay up late. Hehe! They get so excited. They get to pick out the movies to rent and all. So much fun for them and us!
    Every third weekend or so we pack the kids off to Granny's on Saturday afternoon and they spend the night. Then we have lunch with everyone around my parent's table on Sunday. that gives me and hubby the chance to recharge and the grandparents time with the kiddos minus us. I love our weekend stuff!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

So, Paulie, when you and Mrs. P and Joey and I are on TAR5, what's gonna happen? Are the other two couples going to carry on without you?

That sounds great, Feif! Sometimes, I wish our kids' grandparents lived nearby. Other times, I recognize the freedom we have in living in a completely different state than her parents and mine.

And, yeah, Lobeck, I'm sure the other couples will find a way to muddle through without us for that month.

Friday night is "complain because there's nothing on TV, then realize we have several hours worth of taped shows from Thursday night" night.

Paulie,
    My parents are so great. They would never think of dropping by our house without calling first and that is a rare occasion. Usually it is to drop off or pick up something that is needed. Most of the time we go to their house and they love to have the kids. We even have all our kiddo's birthday parties at their house. More room for more fun! They live about 20 minutes away. Just the right distance for me. My inlaws are 8 hours away. Not as much fun to go visit. Only because of the distance factor though.....I love my inlaws. Great ppl....we all get along!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

usually consists of babysitting mattie and michael my god sons every once in a while i get to go out with friends.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

Hmmm, Friday nights lately have been me driving one of my kids to some kind of party, then chillin' for a bit and going back to go get them!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Before we had our son, Friday night was "Date Night". We'd usually go to dinner and a movie, sometimes to a concert. Since we had our little one, Friday night is pretty much "We-made-it-through-another-day-I'm-exhausted-so-let's-collapse-night." Oh, but then so are Sunday through Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast