+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your typical Friday night

1973--I'm a youngin'.

Fearing greatly the big 3-0 this year.

I love the batman theme. I hesitate to ask how he got that nickname!

Do you do family parties or invite "friends"? Eli's favorite little friends are triplets who don't walk yet, so we have to work around that one.
    have we really hijacked this thread or what! Stick 'em up guys! We're taking this thread for a ride!
    Last edited by spegs; 03-25-2003 at 09:02 PM.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Yeah, thread! Hand over the keys and nobody gets hurt.

Um, our first coupla 1st birthday parties we invited everyone we knew. They were all bored, I think. This time, we're just inviting people who know Evan really well. Kids, mostly.

The story of Batman: Our daughter was excited to hear that she was going to have another sibling. She wanted it to be a sister since she already had a brother and her cousin has a sister. We told her we already knew it was going to be a boy. She was real quiet for a while, then she said, "OK. We can call him Batman." And the name stuck. He was Batman for his first Halloween, in fact.

Don't stress about 3-0. It feels the same as 2-9 and 2-8. 3-1 and 3-2 feel the same as 3-0, too. I bet 3-3 feels the same way.

Re: Friday nights. We eat a lot of junk food and swear a lot.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

*Now just step away from the thread...that's it* *door slam* *screeching tires*

Mr. Spegs tried to get his family to call his little sister Fonzie. It didn't stick. He had more luck in high school where he got people to call his other sister Yoda (sadly enough, the name did fit). Yeah, you don't want Mr. Spegs for a brother.

I think the big 3-0 is different for women. It sure pissed my sister off.

Mrs. Paulie is lucky to have a girl. Mr. Spegs says 3 is enough, but I think of pink Easter dresses, prom dresses, wedding dresses, lots of different dresses, and I get a little teary.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Friday night is not my favorite as I have to be home before my 16 year old daughter and make sure everything is ok. But, it's my night to go out and blow off some steam at a bar that's like the show Cheers. We all know eachother there and it's a lot of fun.
    I just have to leave earlier than everyone I hang with.
    (except when she sleeps at a friend's house) then it's
    party time!!!!
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Spegs, I had a female friend who said "30 wasn't too bad, because I was 30. But 31 really sucked, because then I was 'in my thirties'."

FORT Fanatic
    I'm still in my 20's and should be partying it up, but my Fridays are always spent in bed early, since I have to get up at 4am for search and rescue training. Then on Saturday night I am so tired from training I can't get motivated to do anything. Oh well.

I can't wait until I'm "in my thirties". It HAS to be better than my 20s.

I can understand that, spegs. I was happy we were able to collect the whole set. My wife says little girls adore their dads. So far, my daughter thinks I'm pretty cool. I haven't done anything to seriously piss her off yet, I guess.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

girls do love their dids Paulie... but be careful... our "little" girl has daddy wrapped around her little finger

She's the youngest too, so that might make a difference

still off topic... hubbys bro has a 6, 4 and 2 year old, his sis has a 6, 4, and 2 year old. Family gatherings are crazy

Friday night eh? Is that supposed to be different than any other night? Why am I not advised of these things :mad
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali I know what you mean! It's pretty hard for me to figure out exactly what day of the week it is at any given time. They all feel about the same to me. Reality TV helps out, afterall, tonight must be Wednesday because we find out who gets kicked off AI, but wait, Survivor is on....When they mess with the schedule, they mess with my mind!

Yes, totally screws me up when they mess with the schedule
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast