+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your typical Friday night

I used to have a Friday night date until the last little monkey-on-crack was born. Then my mom went on strike and refused to babysit (I can't really blame her, if I could I'd probably strike too). Having parents and in-laws in town has had very few benefits for us. The last time we could con anyone into watching the kids was Thanksgiving (And this includes 2 sets of grandparents, 4 aunts in their 20s, and 2 uncles). (My kids aren't really that evyl, but the youngest screams unceasingly [no exaggeration] while I'm gone).

So Friday night is family night. We usually go out somewhere more kid friendly than gormet, and watch Friday Nicktoons. I never can seem to catch up on sleep, so we all pack it in pretty early. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOring!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Our new Friday night consists of take-out fajitas from Baja Fresh and watching Six Feet Under (from the previous Sunday).
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Now they've moved Ed to Fridays, I've got a new routine

I work on friday nights, so mine sucks more than anyones.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Well, Ilikai, since I am a stay at home mom, you could say I'm working Friday nights too
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

How old are the spegslets?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

5, 2 and 11 months.

Full time job.

Got that right! Ours are 5, 3, and two weeks away from 1 year old. And we have no relatives living in town, not that it sounds like that helps you at all. Good thing the kids are used to sleeping at other people's houses.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Wow--we are reproducing twins! When are the birthdays? My 5 y.o. will be 6 in June, 2 y.o. will be 3 in July, and little 11 mo. old will be 1 on April 17th. Do the Paulies do 1st birthday parties? I've done 2 so there's no getting out of it now! I'm going with an Easter theme...checking on bunny costume pricing.

Oldest (girl) will be 6 on Dec. 1. Our middle child (boy) will be 4 on Nov. 17. And the baby will be 1 on April 11. Yes, we definitely do 1st birthday parties. The first one was to celebrate the fact that our child outlasted any pet we ever owned. After that, it's been tradition. We're doing a Batman-themed party, I think, because that was our baby boy's nickname before he was born.

Are we the same age, spegs? You're not yet another 1970 baby, are you? There are tons of them here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast