+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you do that?( This Thread May contain some non PG-13 material)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Hmmmm....I'm female and I'm not a side-seat driver.

I suppose all these traits are dependent upon the person.
    It is very dependent on the person/family we were rasied as/in. I married a Thai woman so a lot of the normal same-cultural BS (assumptions) are not there between us. We both had to learn about each other and the simplest things we do day to day. These differences give us so many laughs when we encounter them, but are a frustration to other couples. I think the problems (miscommunications) come in when individuals from the same culture think everyone is raised the same way. An example is the toilet seat, she never had one in her home so there never has been a second of thought spent on this topic.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Do men think that we don't see them adjusting (ahem...) themselves in public?

I thought only baseball players did that? Actually, years ago, a guy in our corps dressed like a very attractive girl. His girlfriend helped him practice mannerisms, etc. I did point out the one mistake he did, yup, he adjusted himself!

Hug me!
    What's with women and their weight issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    What's with women and their weight issue ?
    I'll assume that is just a question and not a complaint.
    Speaking for myself, it has to do with a general public standard of what an attractive woman SHOULD look like. Although, I will never be a Kate Moss type (just an example because I find her very unattractive), most of society, older and newer generation believe women and girls should be very thin. As much as I would like to ignore it, at this point it is pretty well ingrained. It doesn't help when well meaning friends mention your weight or figure to you. Other than commercials, TV shows and news, etc. tell us how to hide this and that. I think that is just part of women and the weight issue.

That was a good question.

Yours was a better answer.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I'll assume that is just a question and not a complaint.
    Speaking for myself, it has to do with a general public standard of what an attractive woman SHOULD look like. Although, I will never be a Kate Moss type (just an example because I find her very unattractive), most of society, older and newer generation believe women and girls should be very thin. As much as I would like to ignore it, at this point it is pretty well ingrained. It doesn't help when well meaning friends mention your weight or figure to you. Other than commercials, TV shows and news, etc. tell us how to hide this and that. I think that is just part of women and the weight issue.

It is so ingrained, that it’s ingrained into many men too. I.e. women’s ideal weight etc. Many men won’t settle for anything less than a 10, even if they’re a 4 themselves (for sure not all men, just many of them, and for sure the male viewpoint in the media). We’re all bombarded daily with the “shoulds” of the female body, realistic or not.

Someday, if there were a magical substance released into the air that froze every woman how she was, and there was nothing they could do about it, women would probably have more goals for themselves then goals that center around their physical appearance. But by and large, having physical perfection as a main goal is very much supported in this society, and other goals and successes are secondary in importance or only noteworthy so long as the first goal has been achieved already.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 07-07-2003 at 05:14 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I do not care about the toilet anymore.

I have the power of the remote.

I do all the driving, unless ill and then I do not care.

I have been known to buy things on sale that I do not need right away. I have bought many gifts this way. Some people that I give them to are met after the item was bought. It is nice to pay $16 for a $45 item that will last and last and last. Then to see the look on somone's face who has always wanted that item, or collects them....perfection!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Whats with guys and sex? (seriously lol)
    "I like children - fried."
    W.C. Fields.

!~*Beckster*~!

Quote Originally Posted by punkish
    Whats with guys and sex? (seriously lol)
    I kind of like the guys and the sex thing. I guess I do not understand your question, though if you elaborate then it will not be PG-13.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread