+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Why do you do that?( This Thread May contain some non PG-13 material)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I have!! nothing like going to feel soft ta-ta's and hitting rock!!!
    Heeheehee. I always thought that was urban legend (that plastically-altered breasts would harden). I once spoke to this woman in Portland who said she brushed by a woman with silicone breasts and it hurt! She said, "You could bounce a quarter off 'em." I have nothing against self-beautification but OW!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    Heeheehee. I always thought that was urban legend (that plastically-altered breasts would harden). I once spoke to this woman in Portland who said she brushed by a woman with silicone breasts and it hurt! She said, "You could bounce a quarter off 'em." I have nothing against self-beautification but OW!
    Implants soften up after one year. Their stiff when you first get them, but after a while your skin stretches to adjust to the new size.

To add to the unsolicited advice for grant (hope this is okay), I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing when someone forgets or doesn't call. It is a beautiful thing that you regard him with such generosity.

I do think that it's natural for people to test their boundaries in new relationships, even if they're generally not flaky. This guy seems a little bit flaky (which, if you're new to the west coast, you'll have to get used to--argh). However, I do think that people will act on whatever they think you'll tolerate. It is important to, in a kind way, be clear on what you will and won't tolerate. If you don't mind these tentative calling "appointments," then they'll continue to be tentative.

I was invited on Monday to go sailing with a couple and several others. I called the others in the evening to say, "Hey, did you hear from P and K?" I found out, through the others, that they had cancelled the sailing excursion. According to the couple, it was important to "check-in." In other words, they wouldn't call me to say, "We cancelled--sorry." We all had to call them to make sure that the plans were a go. Next time I make plans with them, I'll make a point of saying, "You know, my schedule's a bit tight this week. Would you call me by x:00 if you decide not to go?"

Moral of the story: People are weird.

I hear ya, thanks Shayla.

I was worried that he might have been at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market or near there-- crossing the street (he works on the Promenade)...I called him and left a brief message on his cell about my concern...even though I was pretty sure he wasn't due there till later...

But he didn't have the courtesy to call me.
    So now...he could be dead for all I know. I wish he had the courtesy to check-in, that's all.

Even if it was 'I don't want to see you anymore"

'Least I'd know he was alive.

grant, I don't think most men understand a woman's capacity to worry and envision worst-case scenarios. Speaking for myself, that is part of the reason I get so mad when I guy I care about doesn't call when he said he would. Part of it is the lack of consideration of my time, but the other part is that I am imagining the worst. I have been known to have an over-active imagination and a great flair for melodrama, but come on guys, spare us the agony!

btw, I like your new av - very pretty
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I guess clarifying what I said before, I personally was thinking more of the type of thing where someone insists that they need to talk to you at a specific time in which you need to cancel something else to be there for them. I.e. casual phone dates don't matter as much to me as "please! I need to talk to you!! Please be home by 8:00!"

But Grant, I do hate it when people don't ever get back to you. Like you said, even a "don't want to see you anymore" would be better than no communication whatsoever.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I've never really been "out there" in the singles world, but if I was, I'd probably get squashed. I would call back if I said I would, which would probably make me look desperate.

Seriously, though, some people (men and women) are self-absorbed knotheads. That's probably the real secret there.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    *beam, beam* You guys!!!

Seriously, that's very nice to hear. Thank you.

And, actually, my wife and I do spend most of the time we're together laughing about stuff. I know our kids have picked up on that because they're starting to try to make up their own jokes. Or they'll try to understand why we're laughing about something and try to extend the conversation by making a similar comment. We place such a high premium on laughter and fun in our house that I don't think our children can avoid learning that sort of lifestyle. I hope they always think of their home as a fun place to be.
    Hey Paulie - how awesome is that?!?!?

Me and my husband laugh. A lot! We are constantly at each other - ribbing each other - with jokes. My daughter (at only 4 mind you) is forever saying "mom, you're funny - you tell good jokes - you laugh a lot". In fact, the other night at dinner she told me and my husband to stop laughing, it hurt her ears

I think it's so important to introduce humor to your kids. It's such a healthy way to deal with disappointment, hurt, and, well, happy things!

Kudos to you for spreading laughter.

oh, and PS, I'm glad my husband doesn't notice most things (like bags from the Gap, packages from QVC in the mail..... )

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    Moral of the story: People are weird.

Add to that.... people are quirky

+ Reply to Thread