+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Why do you do that?( This Thread May contain some non PG-13 material)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    *beam, beam* You guys!!!

Seriously, that's very nice to hear. Thank you.

And, actually, my wife and I do spend most of the time we're together laughing about stuff. I know our kids have picked up on that because they're starting to try to make up their own jokes. Or they'll try to understand why we're laughing about something and try to extend the conversation by making a similar comment. We place such a high premium on laughter and fun in our house that I don't think our children can avoid learning that sort of lifestyle. I hope they always think of their home as a fun place to be.
    I think that is wonderful, Paulie. It is so funny when kids do that - try to participate in jokes that are over their head. They awkwardly force laughter with a sort of confused look on their faces. Or they make up jokes that don't make any sense - but you laugh anyway because they look so cute trying to be funny. They say laughter is the best medicine - I'd go so far as to say that it is a great preventive medicine. If you can see the humor in difficult situations and if you can laugh at yourself, it is a great stress reliever. I bet your kids will grow up to be happy people...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Okay Ladies, Here's one. Why is it that when women get a haircut, color, tan, nails or just look so damn good and we men do not notice right away, we get Bitch-slapped for it. Then when we try to make up for it, we are told not to bother?
    But when women make the mistake,men always give in? Are we that Horny that we'll succumb to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Okay Ladies, Here's one. Why is it that when women get a haircut, color, tan, nails or just look so damn good and we men do not notice right away, we get Bitch-slapped for it. Then when we try to make up for it, we are told not to bother?
    But when women make the mistake,men always give in? Are we that Horny that we'll succumb to anything?
    Please please please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to wonder what kind of women you're dealing with. I know that my friends and I aren't necessarily indicative of the entire female population, but in general, none of us get angry when men don't notice little things like that. It's nice if they DO notice, but if my guy never noticed what color nail polish I was wearing, it's not going to ruin my day - or his, since I won't bitch about it.

I think that a lot of times, women do most of that stuff to impress each other. Men will notice a total package, and women will notice the details. (Yes, it's a generalization. I know.) I once had a guy friend staying at my house for a few days while he visited from out of town. We were going out that night, and I, like most chicks, took my time getting ready. When I was about halfway done, I came out of the bathroom to answer the phone. When the call was finished, I went back in to finish putting on my makeup, doing my hair, whatever. Afterwards, he asks me "What in the hell have you been doing in there this whole time?" I said "You honestly don't see a difference between what I looked like half an hour ago and now?" When he said no, that signified the last day I bothered being so anal about every hair being in place.

So honestly, if you're really surrounded by a bunch of chicks who will "bitch-slap" you for not noticing trivial stuff like that, you might want to find some cooler women to hang out with.

I might be inwardly stung if a guy didn't notice something really impressive-- dyed my hair, lost a bunch of weight or put on a dress...but I damn sure won't say anything about it.
    I will be a little puzzled. Maybe quiet ( a sure sign I'm miffed) for a bit...but I can't stay mad too long.

But, I really do expect that guys should be able to read my mind...the great failure of men.
    LOL.

I'm one of those odd guys that do notice details. The unexpected flip side of that is that if I DO miss something, I hear about it. A friend here at work got engaged a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't notice the ring right away. She was bummed and disappointed because she thought, of all people, I'd be the one to notice first. I've gotten into similar trouble for not noticing my wife's haircuts or stuff like that. Thankfully, I don't miss details like that very often.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

And, BTW, grantaire, your card is the nine of diamonds. Right?
    Last edited by Paulie; 07-16-2003 at 03:02 PM.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Almost.

nine/diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    if I DO miss something, I hear about it...I've gotten into similar trouble for not noticing my wife's haircuts or stuff like that. Thankfully, I don't miss details like that very often.
    See, this is so surprising to me. Is this honestly a prevalent thing? More of you men have to chime in on this, because it's weirding me out right now. I can't wrap my mind around it.

It's not a big serious thing, but I can tell that I've disappointed people by not noticing changes that I would normally notice.

Okay, wait. Last week I went from being a blonde to being a... well, a whole multitude of colors, really. That was a pretty big change. An obvious change. The kind of change that even my neighborhood convenience store guy noticed. If I'd come home and my boyfriend wouldn't have noticed, I'd probably a) think he needed an eye exam and b) given him a hard time about it. But still, he wouldn't have been in "trouble".

But let's talk the little things here. Paulie, it's really cool that you notice details. More men should be like you. (how's that for stroking your ego? ) But when you don't notice, say, a minor change in hairstyle, are you actually getting *yelled at*? Because that's what's killing me here. I yell about a lot of things, but I just can't make something like that matter enough to get loud about.

+ Reply to Thread