+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you do that?( This Thread May contain some non PG-13 material)

Good idea firegirl. Here goes.

Why do the ladies have to sideseat drive? I've been driving for 20 years with no problems. Suddenly I'm a bad driver????

Why do the ladies buy something, anything that will not be used for 10 years, if at all?? Is a discount or deal that important.?
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Actually, on the issue of the remote, it is ahunting reflex from our caveman days. We are still hunting to protect the family just now we are using a remote instead of a spear.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

FORT Fogey
    side seat driving is our urge to mother,, do this do that, we have to help, always! Hence the reason my bf calls me map quest. We like to know whats going to happen and details, driving is sort of detailed so we like to help out, just by pointing out things like THAT CAR AHEAD! Or if you turned there or here bla bla we think we are helping out loved one!

Um buying things,, well for me there is always intent, and it goes towards the "nesting" instinct. I will probably need that gizmo at some point to make that fabulous what ever and I like to have a well stocked whichever so I should get it now! Hey there is no statue of limitations on using something.

case in point about 5 yrs ago I bought a bunch of hats covered in red glitter. Don't ask!! anyway sold them in a garage sale a month ago. Now damm it if I didn't have a great reason to have 10 hats covered in red glitter last week! See...

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500
    Why do the ladies buy something, anything that will not be used for 10 years, if at all?? Is a discount or deal that important.?
    I guess it's just because "You never know when it might come in handy." Ya know? Besides... what if you think to yourself later gosh, I missed out on a bargain? Better safe than sorry

Is it true that a guy will only like a girl that doesn't really seem interested in him?? I guess that just seems to be kind of a trend w/some guys... in it for the chase, maybe?
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

technomage, I hear ya there on the driving thing.

I've been married for 11.5 years. Since I've been married, I've never gotten into an accident, I've never gotten a ticket. Yet, my wife seems convinced that I'm an accident waiting to happen every time I get behind the wheel, and that every police car we see is itching to pull us over for going 2mph over the speed limit - never mind that they're going in the opposite direction and there are cars flying by me like I'm standing still - it must be ME they want!

had to put a for the hubby, John and technomange. He just read that and said "oh I'm so glad there are others sharing my pain". Although, he has gotten speeding tickets and has been in minor accidents, but whatever. . .
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500
    Actually, on the issue of the remote, it is ahunting reflex from our caveman days. We are still hunting to protect the family just now we are using a remote instead of a spear.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    What is up with guys and the remote control? Why can't anyone but you hold the thing? Is it some phallic symbol of power you are loathe to relinquish?

And why the frantic channel surfing? How can you even tell what's on when you're rifling through stations at lightning speed? Do you all have TV-related Attention Deficit Disorder?
    Great thread, FG!!

For me, the whole "control of the remote" thing has to do with the fact that I am the only one who can understand how my whole setup works. Its not even a "guy thing", because my roommates dont understand how to make it work either!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Hmmmm....I'm female and I'm not a side-seat driver.

I suppose all these traits are dependent upon the person.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    I think my side seat driving mostly comes from the fact I am more familiar w/the area and my bf hasn't lived here for very long, so I tend to want to always give him the best route to go!

+ Reply to Thread