+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need mental floss

FORT Fogey

I need mental floss

Have you ever got a song stuck in your head? I mean bad and it drives you nuts!

Once for me it was that commercial, "it's the only chicken noodle that'll do"

Today it is that new M&M's " you could win cash every summer for the rest of your life" arrrrgggg go away!

This happens to me daily - literally. I wake up with songs in my head that weren't there when I fell asleep the night before, and I start to wonder what the hell my dreams were about. The other morning I woke up singing "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. Now, if you're familiar with the lyrics to that song, you'll know why I was perplexed.

Fade to black
    well it's because you're a freak ajg, you shouldn't have been surprised.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

My best friend and I have a fool-proof way of getting unwanted songs unstuck. Start singing either "Copacabana" or "Muskrat Love", and the other song will go away. Now, you may then be stuck with one of those songs stuck in your brain, but you can train yourself to use it only as a "flossing" song.

"Her name was Lola.."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Well, me and my husband have the horrible running practical joke.

We call each other at work, out of the blue and just start singing

"It's slinky, it's slinky, it's fun, it's a wonderful toy"

It is destined to be stuck in your head all day.

in fact, I think I'll call him right now as he slaves on overtime and do it! Rotten me

FORT Fogey
    hm...
    Well Ive had plenty of Clay songs stuck in my head, but most of the time I have that song from Mattress Discounters.. you know "Have a good night sleep on us.... Mattress Discounters!!!"
    LOL i hate all of the jingles in commercials

Right now I have Endless Love stuck in my head - just that part "My love, my love... my, endless love...." and it never fails to remind me of Happy Gilmore.... Wow, I love that movie.
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I don't have advertisements songs stuck in my head. The first song I hear in the morning on the radio would be the song that is stuck in my head all day.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    Currently I don't have any songs in my head but I've gotten The Safety Dance in my head and Batter Up by Nelly too.

I hate The Safety Dance now. When I get that song or something else in my head, I just try to think of a song that I really really like and sing it if I can.

If it's a song that I like like Batter Up then I'll just sing that one if I can.

I have this tune buzzing in my head but I can't for the life of me recall the lyrics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast