+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideal Mate

Your Ideal Mate

Think way, way back to the time before you fell in love or got married, or were with your significant other. What physical qualities would have made your ideal mate?

Physical only? I was thinking a tall brunette with light blue eyes. Healthy-lookin' without being too skinny. And, you know, a nice set.

With the exception of the hair color, I pretty much got my wish. I just didn't know that much about redheads when I was dreaming up my ideal mate, that's all.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

The only physically ideal factor I had in mind was that he be taller than me. My hubby is exactly my height. Makes and interesting picture when I wear heels, but he loves me in them, so it does not bother me so much. I never really focused on the physical appearance of my dream man(besides the height issue). I was more concerned with an emotionally balanced person. I got a good one too! He is good looking and has a great personality. He is fiercly loyal! I love that about him.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Feif, it's too weird how alike you, sher, and I are! Height was my major thing also. At 5'9" I wanted a guy I could still wear 2 or 3 inch heels with. My bf is 6'3" so we're good.

I want(ed) someone with dark hair, tan, and kind of athletically built, and definitely not scrawny. But all that stuff is subject to change. It kind of depends on the man, as they're all different. But that was my major preference.

Kylie,

Sher and I are sisters seperated prebirth! haha! We have known each other since 3rd or 4th grade and have been really close since around age 15 or 16. She has been the best friend I have ever had. Very loyal and sweet. I claim her as a sister and reserve that spot for her alone. I have other friends, but no one like Sher. She is irreplaceable, priceless! I can only hope that everyone has someone like her in their life.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Kylie is 5'9"?!!!

Since I'm 6'3" (but married and WAY too old for Kylie! ), I was looking for a tall, slender, woman that enjoyed the outdoors (camping, hiking, etc.) Hair color wasn't tremendously important as long as it wasn't purple or something.

I dated a lot of tall women, slender women that liked the outdoors. The last woman I dated before I met my wife was 5'11", and I once dated someone 6'1" (that rocked.)

Then I met my wife. Not tall, and her idea of "roughing it" is if there isn't a place to plug in the blowdryer. But she has more of the non-physical good stuff than I knew existed, including the warmest heart in the world.

Wayner,
    I bet she would love to read this!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Yeah, but if she spotted the Teri Hatcher comments I'd find out that along with the biggest heart she's got the best right hook!

Wayner, that's really sweet. You can just print that post (NOO Teri Hatcher ones) and give it to her.

Kylie is 5'9"?!!!
    Yep, she is! I love being tall

her idea of "roughing it" is if there isn't a place to plug in the blowdryer
    OMG, that is so me! I am not an "outdoorsy" girl at all. I like playing sports, and athletics, but camping, hiking, etc, is not my thing.

And Feif, wow you really had me fooled. I was convinced you and sher really were sisters! But that is really sweet, and you're right everyone does need at least one great best friend that's always there no matter what.

So as far as non-physical (is this better Paulie? ) I wanted someone who can make me laugh (which isn't that darned hard to do), someone I could trust, someone who is a genuinely nice, compassionate person that is smart, and has ambition and goals in life. Someone adventurous, spontaneous, romantic, and would like to have 3-4 kids some day.

Should I just give up? But all those qualities are not required, I'm a tad flexible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast