+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Male/Female Ratio on Message Boards

I think the "Dating Shows" are cheesy. Maybe I'm just a kid, but I see it pointless in watching a guy kiss a girl, go off, kiss another girl, but he doesnt even remember all there names. Its like, giving a guy a reasson to break a girls heart.
    "I like children - fried."
    W.C. Fields.

!~*Beckster*~!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think there are more women here because most reality shows are "dating shows", and those are skewed toward females.

But maybe I'm wrong, and it's just my raw animal magnetism at work.
    LOL

Maybe we're onto something here... turn this board into an online reality show by pairing up all of the interesting, single female members that we've got with male counterparts and then chronicling the results. Of course as soon as word gets out on the calibre of women here and what we're trying to do, thousands of men will sign up and the whole discussion/experiment will be rendered moot...

Nevermind.

~M o s a i K~

There's a lot of testosterone over on the America's Next Top Model thread...

(I'm a girl by the way...)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

lol Mosaik, and, believe it or not, I'm a girl too.
    "I like children - fried."
    W.C. Fields.

!~*Beckster*~!

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    It depends on the board. I"ve been on boards that have been all women and some where there mainly men. My husband goes to a few about Palmgear, that I don't think a single woman posts on. Judging from some of the posts, guys can be just as chatty (and catty) as women if it's the right topic.
    I definitely agree with nlmcp. I don't think men are less inclined to chat or discuss anything, and they certainly aren't immune to catty comments.

FoRT is actually the first message board I've visited that has such a high female constituency. The other boards I've looked at for movies, music, books and comics were all mostly men, so it's often refreshing for me to come here.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'll agree with Nancy and Snowflake. Other message boards and talkers I've visited were predominantly male--they've been places for programmers and others of like ilk to geek out. When they're all off playing Star Wars Galaxies, I come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Guys like to talk, when it's something that interests them, and I think a lot of reality shows are more appealing to ladies. How many guys watch The Batchelor? Or The Batchelorette? Or many others? The females watchers are much much higher. And I think on average more females watched American Idol and it definitely seemed that way on the board. Guys are very hard to come by. Especially teenage guys.
    I'm a teenage guy and proud to be in the minority!

Snowflake, Shayla, Mosaik etc., I didn't know there were plenty of boards dominated by men, too. Although, I guess I haven't really been looking for them, I just noticed that the male/female difference here was quite pronounced.

This is really one of the first boards I’ve ever been to. Until recently, the only thing I’ve done online is surf for info., purchase books, or e-mail. Never joined boards before, so FORT is among the first few.

And John, your plan to lure women here with cuddly pictures of babies dressed as various farm animals has succeeded!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaik
    Maybe we're onto something here... turn this board into an online reality show by pairing up all of the interesting, single female members that we've got with male counterparts and then chronicling the results. Of course as soon as word gets out on the calibre of women here and what we're trying to do, thousands of men will sign up and the whole discussion/experiment will be rendered moot...

Nevermind.

I originally came here to join in the bitching about FLO from TAR3---but I stayed for all of the cool and beautiful women on the board!!

"You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    75% female? Good heavens, where was this site when I was single?

BTW, I'd even say that the hockey threads are dominated by women. Women that when they aren't talking about how hot Jose Theodore is (and okay, he's hot!) I discovered that they know about hockey than all the guys I know! How cool is it to talk about my favorite sport with a bunch of gorgeous Canadian women?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast