+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your 4th of July plans?

What are your 4th of July plans?

Feel free to delete this pointless thread, John, but to start conversation:

FORT people:

What are your 4th of July plans? Are you going out? Staying in? Seeing fireworks? Seeing friends/family? Hosting a party? Attending a party? And do you have to work? Share with us.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    the wife has hooked me inot driving both vehicles to the west coast, ft. Bragg area to go camping, a good 7 1/2 hour drive, with her kids and grand kids. this should be interesting to say the least

City Park will have music and food and stuff leading up to the fireworks. We'll be attending that tomorrow night. Then our friends are hosting a party Saturday night. They rent a hot tub for the occasion. Their invitation stated that distasteful sexual advances towards the hosts are forbidden, but I checked to make sure that tasteful ones are still encouraged. Anyway, after the kids go to sleep, we'll probably play poker till the wee hours. That's what we did last year, anyway.

Should be fun.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well...mine just changed about 2 minutes ago. The big fireworks here are tonight, and we were going to go out on the lake to watch from my boyfriend's coworker's boat. Fireworks start at 9:30. We thought we'd get there ~7:30 and hang out for a couple of hours first. Then the guy tells us that not only will we NOT be going out on the lake (just staying in the harbor), but also we should get there at 4 because it'll be so busy. And in order to get anywhere downtown (despite the fact that I live 2 miles away), I need about an hour to get there. Traffic is just that bad. So that would mean leaving at 3. Say the show goes for an hour. We'd get home at like 11:30. Now I don't know about you guys, but I don't like fireworks enough to spend 8.5 hours of my life on them. So instead we're going to go to a beach in Roger's Park (which is pretty far north of downtown, but won't be nearly as packed and we'll still be able to see the show). I'm packing a cheese, crackers, fruit kind of dinner and testing the limits of public drunkenness laws.

Because, really, what better way to salute the birth of a nation than by drinking whiskey on public property?

I want to see how joeguy drives two vehicles at once.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Wish I could, but i have to follow lead foot, and hope she doesn't take off and lose me, since i have no idea where we are camping at.

Aj, I agree with you, i.e. 8.5 hours is too much time to spend finding fireworks.

My lame and/or cool plans include going to this festival thingy in my city with a big pile of friends, and possibly seeing fireworks. Although, honest to God, I am a human bug zapper/fly strip. I literally attract mosquitos like there’s no tomorrow, (see, I’m really, really, sweet, ) and I hate wearin’ bug spray, so I’m rethinking this whole plan. On the 4th I plan to watch fireworks from….my friends car! Yes! No bugs, we found a great location the last few years, and you can park, relax in comfort, no fighting traffic, no bugs, and listen to the zippy live radio telecast.

Also plan on seeing either “Terminator 3” or “28 days later” (I’m really looking forward to seeing the 28 days movie at some point.)

Also was invited to a WOP by a very young co-worker that I don’t think I’ll go to. Anyone remember/go to those?

And Paulie I’m jealous of the hot tub. If I lived anywhere near you, and was a stalker, and knew your friend’s address, I’d show up. (I don’t think they’ll be anything like a hot tub at my co-workers “partayyy”, but I was promised a view of the finest kiddie pool if it got hot. Whoo hoo!)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'm doing absolutely nothing (well, maybe golf -we'll see), just like every other day. Then I'm getting up early to work on the site all day.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Well, I gave my husband 4 tickets to the Yankee/Red Sox game for his birthday. So, he'll spend July 4th yelling Red Sox Sucks with 3 friends, while I quietly enjoy some sales at the mall with my daughter.

Otherwise, just enjoying hanging out for the weekend!

Happy 4th!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohhhh I'm so jealous of your husband, mary! Of course I wouldn't be yelling Red Sox suck, since Yankees suck has such a better ring to it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast