+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your 4th of July plans?

ajg---you have to take the El downtown and then walk to the harbor...or rollerblade if you do that. Its the only way to navigate downtown Chicago on the 3rd of July.

Paulie--you are going to watch the Fireworks in Denver? I am heading up to Nederland to watch their fireworks from a friends deck. Should be perfect viewing, since the deck overlooks the resevoir over which they fire the works. Then I will head into the mtns on Saturday to meet some friends(w/ a hot tub! yeah!) and do a hike on Sunday.

Shazz--what the hell is a WOP party?? I guess I dont remember those!!

Happy 4th people! Be safe out there!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Fort Collins fireworks, dobolina.

I'll think of you in your hot tub on Saturday when I'm in mine. Nah, I probably won't.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

yeah, please dont!!

Paulie, usually we have a party up at our house--which is in the foothills North of Boulder. We have a great vantage point from our hillside...we can see fireworks from all over the front range. Typically, Longmont throws off the best show, and we can usually see Ft. Collins too. A few years ago, all of the towns around here went off without a hitch...but there was obviously a storm in Ft Collins, because their fireworks didnt go off until like 1030/11 PM. First the lightning from the storm was the show....then the fireworks were the finale. It was good stuff.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Originally posted by dobolina

Shazz--what the hell is a WOP party?? I guess I dont remember those!!
    It's been a bit since my college days, but from what I remember, it has something to do with a giant rubbermaid trash can (clean, brand new) filled with some kind of clear liquor like vodka and then just about every piece of fruit you can imagine thrown in. I don't drink, but I don't care if others do, so I'd be more likely to be the one watching everyone make an ass out of themselves. Good times for the sober. And no, I have no idea why they call it a WOP. I wanna say the first letter stands for watermelon...or maybe water.....maybe it's Whoo! Our Party!, okay this could turn into the acros thread.....

awww, poor John has to work this weekend. Bummer! Although I just remembered now when you posted that, that the site will be down on Saturday.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Fade to black
    I plan on watching the Yanks beat the tar out of the Red Sox and then humiliating Greenflute with her new avatar after she loses our bet.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

We're having an all day party at our house with swimming in our pool from 2pm, then around 5 we fire up the grill. We're having a potluck barbecue, everyone bring what they wanna eat & we throw it on the grill ... =) Then they have a firework show at the highschool right next to our house, so anyone who is still conscious at 9 will be able to watch those...... and party till the last man gives up
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I'm staying home in the air conditioning. It's way too hot outside to suit me.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I plan on watching the Yanks beat the tar out of the Red Sox and then humiliating Greenflute with her new avatar after she loses our bet.

I'll watch too - since I can't seem to get to a game lately!

Nothing's better than a good old fashioned Yankee/Red Sawx game

Hey, MaryBethP, are you going to watch the Macy*s fireworks on tv or on the water? I think one the the best one's on TV is Pops Goes the Fourth from Boston broadcasted on A&E. I hope to go there one day.

Has anyone ever gone to Pops Goes the Fourth by the Charles River in Mass.?

I'll record the Pop one and either see the fireworks in the town where I live now or where I used to live.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Are you talking about the Boston Pops, Eldee? I love them!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast