+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get to braggin'!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    I am proud that I have a family who is traditional and has a strong bond with each other despite being imperfect in some ways.
    That's great, unexplained!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm proud of my two wonderful kids. I'm proud that my wife and I are able to work through very tough issues and make our relationship grow rather than break apart like so many marriages do today. I'm proud of the fact that, while it took me 7 years to get through college, I was able to do it on my own, working to pay my way through, without a single student loan. I'm proud of my long time friendships with terrific people like Paulie and his family. I'm proud of the fact that as I approach 40, I'm in better shape than I was at any time in my 20's.

And I'm very pleased of the fact that my faith in the Lord continues to grow each and every day.

Great post, Wayner! I especially like the fact that I was specifically mentioned.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Great post, Wayner! I especially like the fact that I was specifically mentioned.
    I figured you'd like that. And surprisingly, the Lord just PMed me as well.

Here goes my post, darn, it's harder than I thought. Anyway:

I'm proud of my parents bringing us up the "right" way and not the easy way.

I'm proud of people in my family pulling together in a crisis and supporting each other.

I'm proud of having some friends who still surprise me in what they have and will do for me.

I'm proud to help people in a time when I see so much apathy. And in the same vein, I'm proud to still help people who are not nice to me, no matter how much I think that I'll never help them again.

I'm proud to work full time and attend school part time and do well (honor society).

I'm proud to have saved a few lives (through the grace of God) when I volunteered with EMS.

I'm proud to keep wanting to better myself and not give up.

I'm proud to see the good in people, and not just their faults.

I'm proud of the others who have shared their stories on this thread.

i've got nothing to add, but i am definitely enjoying reading all of your accomplishments!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Thank you dvm. I loved all your accomplishments eldee.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Thanks, Unexplained!!!

Princess
    That's sort of like stumbling into an Arkansas family reunion and being awarded the prize for "Most Teeth," but it's still something.
    Paulie!!

OK.... I have to think about this a bit, but meanwhile I have to say that there are some remarkable ppl posting here!

Fade to black
    I just had to laugh at a poster named Modesty in the "Get to braggin'" thread, even if you weren't bragging!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast