+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get to braggin'!

Originally posted by MollyRose
    I'm proud that I gave a kidney to my best friend.
    MollyRose.

You win the thread! By far!

I am proud of my daughter. She starts school next month and is working hard to learn all her letters and numbers. She can write her name (well sort of, the S is always backwards ) She is a beautiful friendly girl.

I am also proud that as a single mom I am supporting my little family of 2 without help from anyone...even child support. Although child support would be nice but that is another thread.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Originally posted by MollyRose

I'm proud that I gave a kidney to my best friend.

Wow, Molly, that is definately something to be proud of. God bless you for that.

FORT Fogey
    I'm proud of myself for keeping my head high even though honestly, I'm not feeling very happy right now. I try to stay strong to get through the feelings I have.

I'd like to say that I'm proud of finally asking this guy I like to take a picture with me-I'm soooo unbelievably shy around him so that was really tough to do.

I'm proud of changing myself. I used to be a mess looks wise but I've definitely straightened up.

I'm proud of myself for losing a lot of my shyness and now I'm so much more outgoing.

I'm proud of sticking with softball even though I had evil coaches who never played me. I told myself I was going to stick it out. And the way they screwed me over and lied about it, I'm proud of myself for handling them so maturely.

This is a fun thread, ajg! I am proud of the above FoRT post-ers. MollyRose, what an amazing and capable woman you are! Dobolina, it's great to hear of your upswing.

I'll list a few things, because it will feel good to tell you of my own personal satisfactions.

I'm proud of myself for attending college on scholarship and grad school on a teaching fellowship. I'm proud of myself for being bold, for leaving my comfort zone in social and occupational scenarios, for traveling alone to many countries. I am proud of myself for maintaining my health, tranquility, and lust for life, even when challenged.

I am proud for growing as a teacher, and sometimes my students even laugh at my dumb jokes. I know how to have fun, in spite of occasional liver degradation. And, I just purchased my first house at a 5 1/8% interest rate!

I am proud of myself for recently transforming from a cold fish into a warm, open-hearted person. I used to be a recluse who didn't need anyone!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Shifting gears for a second... dvm, may I inquire why you list your appearance as something you're proud of...and yet you have not made a single post in the "What do you look like?" thread?

Just curious. Seems kind of odd.

*hoping this Perry Mason moment leads to another beautiful pic in that thread*
    Actually,

I wanted to. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera and do not have any recent photos of myself that aren't polaroids. (I know sounds kind of odd). However, I re-read my post and realized how self-centered I sounded about my appearance. What I was really driving at was that I'm proud for making a lifestyle transition and sticking to it. Feeling good makes you look good.

DVM, Dont' worry I think I can help you with that! Paulie, it will be ther soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    ......However, I re-read my post and realized how self-centered I sounded about my appearance. What I was really driving at was that I'm proud for making a lifestyle transition and sticking to it. Feeling good makes you look good.
    DVM, I don't think anyone thought you sounded self-centered about your appearance--your appearance is just another part of who you are.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    DVM, I don't think anyone thought you sounded self-centered about your appearance--your appearance is just another part of who you are.
    Thanks, eldee. You are really sweet .

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I guess I have nothing outstanding to be proud of.

Wow, Mollyrose, that is a really great thing to do.

I am proud that I have a family who is traditional and has a strong bond with each other despite being imperfect in some ways.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast